Decksaver/cover for Analog Heat

I love this machine. I can’t see myself ever letting go of this one. Well worth the price of admission for a saturation junkie such as myself.

I might be moving internationally in the not-too-distant future, and wondering if there is a decksaver/cover for the Heat that will help protect it a bit, specifically during air travel - checked baggage in a bag with a bunch of other stuff, so don’t want a bulky flight case.

I’m basically looking for something I can attach to the top, perhaps with tape, so that the knobs won’t be damaged by careless baggage handlers.

Does this exist? Any ideas or suggestions?

FYI I’m currently in Berlin

2 Likes

Yeah they just released an official one.

Thanks, expensive but perfect :slight_smile:

£49.00 is outrageous!

1 Like

I am inclined to agree actually, when a Decksaver, say, TB-3 cover is £25 RRP and under £20 street price.

http://www.decksaver.com/covers/grooveboxes/aira-tb-3-cover

And they’re obviously made by Decksaver.

1 Like

£49.00 is absolutely ridiculous.

Economies of scale, perhaps?
I wonder how many more TB-03s are sold than Elektrons.

Or the middle man effect.
You can by the TB-03 deck saver from deck saver, Roland is not a middle man in that transaction.

These are just two of a myriad of reasons that an object might have a higher price tag.

Captive audience mate

Ridiculous pricing. Make it cheaper than the full-sized lids, at least?

Well, I’ll not be buying one for my Heat at that price.

Why is the PL-2s $50 ??? Seriously, wtF

Juno UK sells (Decksaver) Monologue lids for $30 – and there’s loads more dimensions and surface area to it. Elektron is ripping us OFF…it’s aggravating

edit: Decksaver lid for the MINILOGUE is $40.32 … somethin’ fishy here

The PL-2 is made by Decksavers but is only available through Elektron. I have 2 of them. Expensive, but worth it for me.

1 Like

The 50$ price from Elektron includes shipping.

Juno’s price for the monologue deck saver using snail mail is $40.56, FedEx Priority is $60.65 to California, so if they stocked the elektron lids it would likely end up being the same price or more depending on shipping. I ordered an item from Juno Friday with the Priority option and it will arrive on tuesday.

Elektron’s shipping with UPS is pretty fast. I ordered a pl2 and a couple power supplies on sunday and they will arrive to me by wednesday.

2 Likes

I paid $5 shipping for my Monologue Decksaver lid. I didn’t need it in 2 days or whatever. It was approx. $33 total (including shipping), and I received it ten days later. This was several months ago, when it was priced at about $28 USD. It just doesn’t seem proportionately correct when the MKII lids are $55 and the Digi- / AH lids are $50. Just, IMO, or… yeah

edit: I understand. It’s like, “tough titty”, deal with it.

man… they are $78USD in australia :sob:

https://www.storedj.com.au/elektron-pl2s-protective-lid-fits-analog-heat-and-digitakt

Ouch. It oughta come with the product. I’m sorry for complaining.

Do it yourself with plexiglas. Mould, hair dryer.
Or by an Elektron T-shirt as dust cover. :smile:

1 Like