DAWless setup with Digitakt

I’ve read about a few people that have had issues… mind if i ask what yours was?

Got a Digitone to accompany my Digitakt. Thanks for your help

3 Likes

DT+DN is the failsafe combo. You can’t go wrong. Congrats and have fun :slight_smile:

Hello blaize! I just got a new digitakt and I have a nord rack 2x too. It’s very easy to sequence the slots from the digitakt and do really nice stuff but i’ve got a question: is it possible to play arpegios with a keyboard midi controller, and transmit those notes throught the digitakt to the nord to be played in time with the digitakt internal clock?
Could the set up be like this?
Code49 midi Out to Digitakt midi In
Digitakt midi Out/Thru to Nord Rack midi In
I’ve tried it but even though the sound goes throught (only in midi thru) it’s not in time with the sequencer.
Does it make sense?
Thank you!!!

Is your arpegio from the Nord or the Code 49?

You need to use the DT midi out to send clock. Try using Auto Channel with a midi track sending notes to Nord’s channel.
Ideally the Nord or the keyboard can be synced to DT transport.
If not, try holding a trig with something like a toothpick. It works for me and Octatrack with it’s own arp, synced.

(I have a Taktile 49 keyboard having an arp with Clock and Transport Receive. If I disable key sync and send it DT’s Clock/Transport, the TK49’s arp is synced.)

2 Likes

Hello, yes it’s possible to do what you want. Few things to check:
Digitakt sync setting: check Send clock and send transport and program change.
Digitakt Midi config: remember the AutoChannel midi number.

Connect you midi keyboard to Midi In of the Digitakt, then Midi Out A of the Digitakt to the Midi In of the NL2X.

On the Digitakt, press TRK+ Trig 9 to select the Track 9 (midi track 1). Go to SRC page and press FUNC+ A knobs to activate the midi. Set the channel corresponding to the Nord Lead 2X.

To play the Nord Lead from the midi keyboard thru the DT:
1/ Select midi channel with TRK+trig 9.
2/Set your midi keyboard to play to the AutoChannel number (I use channel 16).

Play it.

Alternatively, you can go to the Midi setting of the DT, and set the Midi channel A to a midi number (maybe 10). Then you don’t need to select the track on the Digitakt to play the Nord Lead, just say to your keyboard to play on the midi channel corresponding to the Midi Track A.

2 Likes

So the Nord can sync its notes to the DT grid, even if they are played off grid?
I mean not only clock tempo…

(Matinal dis donc. :wink:
Faut que je teste un pseudo arp avec les cure dents !)

2 Likes

Hello again Blaize! Problem solved! Thank you so much! It’s already working! My plan is sequencing two of the slots of the nord rack 2x with two midi tracks of the DT and being able to play the other two slots with the the code49 splitted but still in time with internal DT clock if i wish. So I’ll have to do this process twice in two different channels.

Thanks again!!!

1 Like

Hello Sezare56! Thank you very much for the idea. I followed blaize advice step by step and it’s already working :smiley:

2 Likes

Yep. I’m still curious if Nord’s arp is synced with DT even if you play notes out of grid? :slightly_smiling_face:
(not talking about arp’s tempo, but transport sync, which seems pretty rare).

1 Like

No! I’ve just tried and if you play out of grid it will instantly trig the sound and the sync to the clock. Is that what you mean?

1 Like

Ok thanks. The Digitone arp is synced to the grid which is great. I don’t know how to express it!

1 Like

You welcome !
Remember you can also add 8 parameters in midi CC from the Digitakt to quick change value of a patch to the NL2X, or add a 3rd LFO, or add 8 more LFO or automations via trigless trig in the sequencer :slight_smile:

1 Like

No I don’t think It’s possible. If I remember, the Nord play arpeggio on start note with a defined tempo, and sync up every beat or something like that.

Les courgettes n’attendent pas :slight_smile:

3 Likes

and then* sync

this is amazing! i’ll check it out