Daw Sync (still sucks)

overbridge + latest version drivers ventura 13.2 macbook pro 16 m1

sync still sucks :frowning: latency

• love to have the option not to follow the bar counts of ableton when synced

( i would just l

Which DAW are you using?
if Ableton you might want to increase buffer size for example.

Try Reduced Latency When Monitoring , or turn of Delay Compensation. That worked for me!

1 Like

rather decrease it for lower latency

1 Like

yes make sure this is turned off or alternatively check if your syntakt is in sync when you open a new project

1 Like

If using Bitwig - disable overbridge clock and just sync using Bitwig’s own proprietary USB clock - it’s within a very very close proximity to the tiny jitter present with a Multiclock (which I also have)

I was very surprised.

If on Live this was the very reason I moved DAW - after trying for hours and hours to get Overbridge machines landing on the grid in Live. I got it configured in Bitwig in under half an hour due to extra options of custom +/- delays for each USB device.

(This was when using an Es-9 by expert sleepers as an interface while travelling - however I’m sure using the significantly better drivers in my Metric Halo interface I’m sure I could also get Overbridge machines landing on the grid as I have previously; but the fact that Bitwig can do it via USB for travel or can also do it with main interface and Multiclock has made me stay with Bitwig)

Interestingly, by design with M1 procs you want to lower buffer size for better performance!

ableton:

thanks for the input: but i did all of that already. i have a rocksolid m1pro system working with mulitple usb synced tot it the syntakt only giving issues

i still think it is the overbridge casing the delay.