Dave Mech - Soma Lab Contest entry

Hi everyone,

Almost never participate in contests but this is one by Soma Laboratory and thus pretty special. I created this track using only samples provided by Soma Laboratory for their contest.

You can find more info about the contest here in case you want to participate (or help me out :wink: )
Can vote for me by liking my reply (scroll down to bottom of this post) https://www.facebook.com/somasynths/posts/897079064133025?comment_id=912242199283378&

Hope you enjoy this one!

You can download this track for free here: https://davemech.bandcamp.com/track/soma-lab

21 Likes

Fucks sake Dave, if I’d known you were entering I wouldn’t have bothered.

Great track though.

3 Likes

Well done. Talent.

1 Like

Good luck, Dave!

1 Like

:sweat_smile:
Heard some incredible entries already that go very deep. So I don’t think I’m an actual contender for the win. Maybe an eather :blush:

Thanks Fin. Where can I find yours?

1 Like

Thank you :heart:

Cheers Max!

Best of luck Dave, sounding great!

1 Like

Enjoy

13 Likes

Best of luck Adam, sounds intense!

1 Like

Nice work Fin, best of luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

Great tune Dave! and Fin25!

Both in the spirit of Soma instruments.
Good luck to you both.

3 Likes

Sounds great, a lot cleaner than my submission. :sob: I used a Model:Samples to create some wild beat. Good luck!!!

5 Likes

Thank you, I do enjoy your videos.

1 Like

And I wanted to make some quick sounddesign peace from SOMA samples, but ended up with making a song :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone using an octatrack as a keytar gets my vote.

2 Likes

Ha ha…) Thanks) And maybe, someday I will post a foto and video about it) But lets keep it on topic Supporting Dave in the SOMA Contest)

1 Like

Next up, literary contest? Just looked down at my parents bookshelf whilst browsing the forum and saw this :joy:

Anyway, great submission. Definitely inspired me to fire up the DT and have a jam.

1 Like

Cheers mate and your entry is great as well. Original and refreshing that you sang it :slight_smile: Probably only a few who’ve done that.

1 Like