Dataline's Syntakt Experience

thought so! which device has two filters per track (analog). Analog four?

1 Like

yes

1 Like

don’t think ST is attempting to go into analog four territory, more rytm + cycles

1 Like

Brutally honest now he’s not attached to Elektron.

12 Likes

DT + DN have two filters per track

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: That Syntakt Sound

@Dataline - once again the master shows his flock how this is done. Superb!

3 Likes

Phenomenal.

not feelin’ it.
maybe after some more diggin’

:+1:t6: :+1:t6: :+1:t6:

24min mark :+1:t6:

1 Like

…mike tbre follwed us in his used volvo, cause he received an email around 2am…
statin, all sikfluencer must meet where kenk will jam, later that night…
all for the sellouts, some said…but nah, was all for the great cigarator instead…
and guess what…even ivi ruyalar was in da house…
what a night, that was…unforgettable…

3 Likes

2nd being the base width? That is incredibly useful.

I guess you have to EQ/filter the analogue tracks via Overbridge.

Or Elektron should make a USB break-out box for individual 6.35mm outputs :pray:t4::slight_smile:

2 Likes

Amazing clap

But also cowbell !!!

:clap:t4: :cow::clap:t4::cow::clap:t4::cow:

Cowbells detected😆

Saying a lot of true things that a lot of people don’t really want to hear. The Elektron sequencer was innovative at one point, but it’s stagnated and fallen behind. Syntakt is still cool and fun, but it’s nothing new. Maybe they’ll add more new machines one day.

11 Likes

The Digitakt/Tone got a lot of updates over the years, I’m excited to see what they add to this as time goes by!

5 Likes

I saw this pop up in my feed. Always a pleasure to see a new Dataline release.

Got to say hes done a great job despite its limitations. I listened to the whole video and i actually found myself liking it in parts which surprised me.

1 Like

MrDataline, great to see and hear your take and your (as always) stellar performance on yet another Elektron instrument. This one is a definite “buy” from me, just like your lovely Digitone work.

Fair point about a lot of the Syntakt being repackaged stuff from other Elektron devices.

But for me, not owning those particular sound source devices (M:C, MD, AR, etc) where Syntakt draws from, it’s all fresh, in a sequencer workflow I’m already used to.

If I had a M:C and/or an AR, or like you, had mastered every Elektron and its ways, I imagine the Syntact could disappoint in this regard.

As it stands though, I feel like I’m getting the “Captain’s Platter” sampler plate from a menu of Elektrons I don’t have, when all I had originally wished for was a few analog voices in a Digi format to round out my DT/DN pair.

Again, not disagreeing with you at all, just pointing out that even if Syntakt is kind of a remix, it’s mostly all new and fresh to me.

20 Likes

I want to echo the desire for a 2nd filter on the Analog machines please! A digital band filter on those machines just like the digital ones would really open this thing up for me!

1 Like

Honestly I doubt this is physically possible if it has the same architecture as the AR - there’s no digital part in the signal flow after the analog voice where this could be implemented, the signal flow is all analog so you can’t just add a new filter in firmware. I guess your only option is using the analog FX block as a high pass filter on those tracks.

3 Likes