Dataline tuition

hi folks, i just read that dataline is giving courses … needless to ask how well these would be …

i cant find info where the next one will be … anybody know?

would attend in an instant (if in europe)

I spent a couple of days with Cenk a few years back, when he was in Edinburgh.
Can highly recommend it!
You can glean a lot from youtube vids & stuff, but to see it in the flesh is something else!
The speed with which he works makes you realise how much time you waste pissing about lol
Where did you read about it?

2 Likes

Seeing as he’s located in Sweden these days, I’d be happy to attend one myself, if the course were to be somewhere in Sweden. :slight_smile: Where did you read about this?

Cenk taught me the basics of the Octatrack a few years ago.

He is a master Tutor as well as Elektron Jedi.

He was giving tuition whilst in the UK before he moved to Sweden to work for Elektron!!!

I have no idea if he is still doing it. Well worth it though if he is.

1 Like

I keep seeing people asking for tuition concerning the Elektron machines, particularly the Octatrack, in local small ads. My own brief experience with the Analog Four reminded me of The Matrix. „It is not the spoon that bends, but yourself."

I heard Elektron say in an interview that they aim to shorten the distance between man and machine. Yeah well, behind a 50 cm deep vault door something is within short distance but out of reach nonetheless.

Where is the middle ground between knob-per-function and triple-assigned encoders with menu diving galore on a tiny display?

For me, the difference between Elektron machines (especially the OT) compared to other machines with a high learning curve is this: With elektron it’s only hard before you understand all the core concepts. After that you fly around like a breeze because the workflow is insanely well thought out. Other complex machines are often hard to learn, and then they’re still a bitch to use even if you know everything there is to know, because the workflow sucks.

touche’ :slight_smile:

I would propose that perhaps many don’t actually understand the “simple” devices either…they can just get from point A to point B easier because they “just turn these two buttons” (for example). In the tech. world everything has a learning curve if you truly want to understand it. It seems to me it is similar in the music/tech world. I shudder to think what a knob-per-function would look like for an elektron unit heheh. That being said, me being one for details, I would love a display with a lot of detail, i.e. show me the envelope curve in real-time, show me the actual frequency, etc etc…

Couldn’t believe what waldorf did with their Pulse 2 in that respect.

The “middle ground” lies within the hearts and minds of those who have the tenacity to persevere through the challenge of the learning curve, and the perspective to know that the effort is worth while. Like learning how to play a guitar or something, it takes a lot of practice to become proficient, but it’s well worth it.

hey all

first: I would love to attend an Octatrack workshop, but I neither own a Octa, nor am I in USA … but I am impressed that you are hosting the event!

secondly I read it here

and was VERY surprised to see one could see the jedi master in the flesh (and have him take your worthless paper money and turn it into usefullness knowledge for your machines :slight_smile:

I am a member of meetup.com … I am in Berlin … shout out :

Dataline take my money!

who else is in?

dataline, how much do you want to host an event in berlin where you give tuition?

(can somebody post the Fry pic please)

Well, to add some perspective - I consider myself fluent with all the Elektron machines, I know how to make them sound good (In my opinion) and do what I want them to do. I also know how to play football - but I wouldn’t let an opportunity to play ball with Lionel Messi pass me by just because I know how to play football.

You can learn so much from collaborating with other people that have different approaches to things from yourself. I can only imagine being around a talented guy like Cenk doing some of his magic would be pretty inspiring. Not to mention you could probably learn a whole lot completely unrelated (and related) to the technicalities of the machines.

I’d absolutely love to go to Allerian’s OT-workshop, I imagine that could be incredibly inspiring. If there is any chance of doing a video-tutorial for each aspect of the machine you’re going to go through, I’ll gladly pay some money to get access to those, as I have no chance of getting on a plane to the US anytime soon. :slight_smile:

yeah id like an OT session, im uk based tho …

i was thinking a while back of actually hosting an Elektron Night in Berlin… something which could run on a monthly basis and could perhaps involve someone from Elektron, now it seems like something which could perhaps get a more defined shape, including other activity as well as just being a meetup event.
i’ll open a new thread dedicated to this. let’s see where we get to :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

edit: here’ the topic

within the hearts and minds of those who have the tenacity to persevere[/quote]
well put :+1:

Hey! Yes, i have been giving tuition to good amount of people from UK, Switzerland and even Iceland!

Hit me up if you are interested. I personally do not have time to arrange an event for this but can help with one on one.

1 Like

Hi all,
I thought I’d chime in and let you know that I am giving tuition in London, UK.
I have just finished building a studio, you can see some pics here :

http://www.dock-studios.com

The website is still a work in progress, but you’ll get an idea of the vibe and set up.
We offer 24 hour parking if needed.

Also, check out my OT and A4 tutorial videos to understand my teaching style. I like to be thorough, and can go as deep as anyone is interested to. I am also considering expanding the classes, and doing group workshops on top of the one on one classes.

Cheers !

You can message me on here for further details !

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Tuition wanted - London, UK

very
old post I know but thought id see if your still doing tuition ?

1 Like