Dataline on Overbridge

When will overhub come out?? Its exactly what i need since my belkin usb hub doesnt work with overbridge :confused:

Question for Cenk

You confused me in the video just as I confused myself a bit and it might very well be that Iā€™m somewhat new to Ableton as far as a lot of things go in the pure DAW-department(used it strictly for dj-ing since 2009).

You created a separate fx-channel next to the instrument-channel and muted the instrument-channel. I did the same purely on instinct but then realized that it didnā€™t make sense, or at least to me. Isnā€™t the instrument-channel the main so when the voice to main is off for all its basically the fx-channel? Why the seperate fx-channel when the instrument-channel does the same? Or am I mistaken and is the instrument-channel different?

Hope I donā€™t come across too nitpicky here, it just really confused the hell out of me :slight_smile:

And yeah, thanks for a great video! And good find Avantronica! 10 active channels! :slight_smile:

Thats it(for now)ā€¦

Jochem

why have an extra track for the fx and not use the AR / A4 VST ?

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/fx-channel-in-ob/13868/115496

sorry for the hijack

Itā€™s a great feeling not to be alone when confused, hijack away TrabanT!

Yes the plugin channel becomes the FX only track when you start multi tracking BUT the plugin channel is a midi track - meaning that it can not record audio. Therefore, I created an Audio track and routed the audio from the Plugin track into the new audio track.

You will get the hang of it - and more importantly, find your own way of using it after a while.

Why does the midi track output audio? That was maybe the source of my confusionā€¦ Is that standard Ableton behavior?

I have a question.

when I see videos, Elektron people always choose 16 bit on the overbridge.

why is that? If you choose 24 bit, we canā€™t use all multi tracks?

Thanks.

I can enable this, yellow warning, says it may fail on some systems. Have not tried it yet

@BANDMASTA You have to choose between quantity (nb channels) and quality (bits), because USB traffic seem to be a constraints.

Concerning the channels, I chose not to select Main ones as I record them with my audio cardā€¦
The only thing is that I use my audio card converters then, but so far itā€™s OK.
And this way I can really have all the tracks recorded separately.

This thing with the FX channelā€¦ I think I get it now.
You neednā€™t select anything in the OB panel to get it, do you ?

I can enable this, yellow warning, says it may fail on some systems. Have not tried it yet[/quote]
Aha - I knew it was on the wish list to have up-to about 10 i/o - but i thought (misread) that this was clawed back ā€¦ see below
The issue is 8 inputs max !
This is what you get with 10 ins from AR

It works as shown/discussed when you have two outs to AR with 8 ins from

[ul]
[li]Hi, [/li]
[/ul]
Tnx for the video.
Is it possible to copy performance mode between kits?

I havenā€™t tried but the overbridge sync (not midi clock) is very likely to be tighter and with less jitter then the midi clock you can get from your DAW. (Thatā€™s unless you have a Sync Lock or Midiclock+.)

So using the midi clock out from AK/AR into the OT might be a good idea.

Cheers Cenk. I like the reverse the FX channel send thing you say. What I send to you I love doing in Sonar :slight_smile:

great vid. the rytm performance tips is what Iā€™m on next.

noice.

I can enable this, yellow warning, says it may fail on some systems. Have not tried it yet[/quote]
Aha - I knew it was on the wish list to have up-to about 10 i/o - but i thought (misread) that this was clawed back ā€¦ see below
The issue is 8 inputs max !
This is what you get with 10 ins from AR

It works as shown/discussed when you have two outs to AR with 8 ins from

[/quote]
Yea itā€™s been a little confusing, I would love to see 10 inputs from the AR. I get the limitation but it feels strange to have to turn off two instrument channels to get the main effects bus.

Hi,
thank you very much, now I know how it works.

Dieter

Thanks for the video! Now I know how elektron has thought OB should be used in live, Iā€™ve been using the ā€œexternal instrumentā€ workflow but if I run into issues, i know what methods to fall back on.

Now if only octatrack also worked with OBā€¦ :alien:

I set it up this way but for some strange reason, when the FX audio channel is too high, it creates a feedback loop. But Iā€™m not sure where that feedback loop is coming from - anyone else have this issue?

resolved, was my mistake

Hi everyone,
Something goes wrong with midi and automation in ableton. I can change values in overbridge with knobs from my AK (cutoff, resonance etc) but the values in ableton donā€™t change for automation even when itā€™s well configured. Itā€™s the same issue when I try using my AK as midikeyboard only for plugins. So, I use my MPK25 and I can control overbridge and my automation envelope in ableton in the same time for live recordingā€¦but itā€™s a little pity to use one more keyboard with my AK.
I read usermanual etc and donā€™t understand what failes.
Best regards.
Nico from france.

Hi boyzsā€¦ for me work great but I donā€™t have fx track to rout separatly ā€¦Any idea?!? Thk