Dataline on ASM Hydra Synth

I dig this synth so much… It has a nice, comfortable interface with a full on, unique sound. Lot of experimentation and discoveries are just waiting to be found inside this very competent synth architecture.

Whats most interesting is that, using the Hydra is like a trip. It takes you to places. Without knowing where it will end. Its poetic, psychedelic, rewarding and deep.
I also found myself absolutely terrified hearing ‘call for help’ coming out from the Hydra Synth, at very early morning hours… That Random button… Its a first time for me, being scared of a synthesiser.

Because of this experience I had with Hydra Synth, I decided to release these tracks as a 12 track album. I really dig these type of instruments where it has a strong character and gives you unexpected results - such as this one. There is a very clear reason for such an instrument to exist - and this should be a very important thing to consider in these times where there are electronic music instruments coming out at a much higher rate…

What started as a simple jam video with Hydra Synth, ended up much bigger than that with all the inspiration coming from the unit… Its almost hard to put it into words.
This thing is a pure wet dream for sound designers.

Video:

Album:

54 Likes

Lovely

1 Like

Amen!

I look forward to checking this video out later.

Hope you recorded the ‘call for help’ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m really enjoying listening to this.

BTW, is that paint brush your universal decksaver? I use one of them as well, along with a verified sheet!

Deadly, gonna spin this now :slight_smile:

Great to see youre still rockin yer MD & MnM :sunglasses:

1 Like

Lovely tunes Cenk! That synth. Wow.

I really enjoy your sound, @Dataline!

Hydra is definitely a modern/forward-looking synth, I love where you bring it. And us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

Loving it. Was hooked from the first track.

Yes that Hydra Synth is very impressive. Had I not just got a Digitone, I would most probably get one.

Love the use of different instruments in the video. The TB03 sounds so nice, and I love to use the DFAM in unusual ways. Will check out the album properly later.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Hydrasynth : New synth by ASM (Ashun Sound Machines)

This album sounds like you had something going on in you, and it is expressed very good. Congratulation. It is way more than just what gear can do. Actually i think saying anything about the gear is not doing the justice to how good music and ideas are.

3 Likes

Really great mix of instruments, very much my taste and interest. @Dataline you smashed it with this one.

Exactly what I thought. Something hidden in cenk’s brain that crawled into his synths. Didn’t we all have this moments. I really enjoy this stuff the most

Yes we did, but i haven’t personally done anything remotely so complete. Hopefully i will . So yeah, good staff :muscle:

1 Like

That hydra is in my wishlist. I gonna sell my digitone to buy the desktop asm. Really lovely synth with tons of modulation and expression possibilities.

I d keep both if I could, both would complement each other nicely :black_heart:

1 Like

I think you’ll miss your Digitone.

1 Like

yes I am always missing the stuff I sold to buy me a new synth, but sometimes I need changes in my setup. The Hydra will be a nice partner to my a4 cv outs as modulation sources. I never dived into the digitone so deep. Always used it like a subtractive synth and always havent got the time of endless sweetspot searching and user interface fidling. And sometimes a synth from another company than elektron could be inspiring too.

I am an elektron fan boy too but the last time it was too much elektrons for me to handle.

1 Like

The Hydrasynth kinda had the same effect on me – without selling the equipment. I just stopped using it. My HSK is expansive and always surprising. For me the fun factor with it just sucked the air out of the room for everything else.

What you will want to keep around are ways you are comfortable with to sequence the HS, and manage patches. It’s an incredible sample generator too, if you like working that way.

There is sense in what nIdaL says on having stuff to complement it. A Digitone would work, but so would a lot of things. I’m hoping the Osmose i have coming in the fall will fill the bill.

1 Like