Dark Trinity OB Combo--Is it possible?

Disclaimer: This post is not about OB for OT

I am finally learning how to explore and maneuver my way around Ableton(turns out it’s actually pretty amazing), my next stop is learning OB and getting that working and configured. I’ve heard there’s some sync issues when mixing output recording and Overbridge recording. And there’s the notion of that Heat being OB compatible. My question is:

Is there the capability to record the A4 with Main Outs of the OT through FX, the RYTM, and the Heat cue outs of the OT going through inputs of that.

I’m aware that OB is not yet functional on the Heat, but I wanted to get a knowledgable estimation from people who’ve worked with OB and know what it’s capable of.

1 Like

I too am wondering about this setup, although my current setup is having the individual outs of the RYTM and A4 (using Overbridge) syncd to Ableton with no problem. I’m thinking of getting an audio interface that has enough inputs for connecting the individual outs so I can include my Octatrack, but I don’t know if that’ll be the case? Also need help on the routing with this one…

I think I’ve heard that there’s a sync issue when trying to combine output recording with OB recording. Don’t know personally, but it sounds like a possibility.

Would be REALLY cool to have my entire Elektron set up not need an interface, though! Could even throw the MDUW into the mix by plugging it into the inputs of the OT.

Another thing i wonder is, when running the heat in OB the recorded audio comes on with the heat flavor, and then can be used a second instance as a plug-in send effect to basically get two flavors of it in the track.