Dark Trinity live performance (EBM/Punk)

My bandmate and I were invited by a French music videos collective recently and we play 2 tracks live.

1st one is OT + RY, 2nd is A4 + RY + monologue.

The instrument you’ll probably see the most is the singer, but the Elektrons are here and you can see me operate them.

17 Likes

Cool, love the synths! What were the vocal FX?

1 Like

Glad you like it ! Zoom 70 cdr on the voice. We added a TC Helicon Perform V since this video, it has a nice compressor/de esser/eq and it’s super handy to set up.

3 Likes

Good stuff, nice to hear some EBM type stuff that isn’t full of spooky/“shocking” imagery and played by a vaguely akward cast of characters who seem marooned in 1990.

1 Like

all goths are vaguely awkward (it’s the charm of the subculture), but angerpunk without the 2edgy4me qualities is always appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not into punk but man, this is excellent. I love that you used a Zoom MS-70CDR on the vocals, hadn’t considered it for this kind of work. Superb! Bravo!

2 Likes

Thanks, glad you like it ! We don’t use the pedal on our recordings because Ableton stock plugins are handier but in a live situation it’s really nice. 100€ and 5 slots for a hundred of quality FX. It’s not a pretty pedal, it’s not fun to set up and our has already a noise problem but damn 100 bucks.

2 Likes

Hey, we’ve just released our 2nd EP, 4 dark electronic tracks sung with anger.

Vinyl version available here https://www.enfant-terrible.nl/releases/leroy-se-meurt-la-chute/

2 Likes

A full live set is available here, recorded live 15/02/2020 at Les Pavillons Sauvages, Toulouse (FR).

4 Likes

@loa this is great stuff. I listened to it at work the other day. It has a lot of the vibe of ebm/ early electro-industrial but doesn’t adhere to the formulas! Also a bit of no-wave vibe.
I now feel inspired to revisit my industrial(ish) project I abandoned a couple years ago. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks for the interest, yes I’d love to know more about this project !

I never got to the stage of recording any of it, just writing parts. If I do get back into it I’ll post some here.
It was called Reaction Mass and it was all about promoting scientific literacy which is something (well, one of many things) I feel is desperately need here in America. Songs with subjects like the evaluation of evidence, the stages of nuclear decay, what is and isn’t chemical, quantum theory’s roll is transistor design, etc… It’s an endless well of potential content.
I always have a few music projects going simultaneously but since hearing you guys I’m feeling inspired with this one again. Thanks.

2 Likes

Maybe some of you know about a band from the 80s called Absolute Body Control, a minimal synth duo from Belgium, who will later be involved in act such as Klinik, Dive, Sonar, Insekt…
This year the band celebrates their 40th birthday and a spanish label (Oraculo Records) ask to 16 artists around the globe to cover their favorite track. We chose Into The Light, a gem from their 2010’s LP Shattered Illusion.

3 Likes

Great performance video!

1 Like

Love absolute body control!

1 Like

Oh nice, I’m happy to see some love for ABC from others Elektronauts ! Maybe you’ll want to hear the entire tribute : https://oraculorecords.bandcamp.com/album/absolute-body-control-1980-2020

1 Like

Y’all have some socials to follow?

1 Like

Yep, it’s my bandmate department

2 Likes

Nice looks like I already had followed on my personal ig. Went ahead and added from the bands as well.

1 Like