Dark Theme available

love this!!!

now , I am not mad :slight_smile:

4 Likes

subjective point of view. For example when i first see elektronauts I do not know it was based on a famous forum (https://www.discourse.org), I do know phpbb for a while … though and other forum plugins for Joomla, wordpress etc…

So when I first see it I find it very nice, white, easy to read, simple & well organized, uncluttered… I think that’s the first thing I like in this disclosure based forum.

i code website, I also use some Adobe software and Ui Colors, to me are important and I change it regarding tasks I make :

for example I didn’t like adjust photography colors on a dark grey, a light grey is often better because you simply make a better job at the end. If I code the evening I like a dark user interface but on the morning or in the afternoon I prefer a light background…

Something like that :

So to me it’s a matter of taste, tasks, time of the day …

I think also people think a dark background with white text is more prestige and it comes from logo, packaging, perfume etc… but because the dark background is a color, color of the brand, color of the packaging to differentiate a products line, white in magazine is just because it cost less and also it hurt less the offset machines, but I do think it’s easier and less fatigue to read black text on white or aged or slightly colored paper… also white text on dark background produce more vibrance on the long term and can cause headache, so reduce the light on the screen is always a good idea

If you are browsing the forum in its Mobile View, you may need to switch to Desktop View in order to activate Dark Theme. I had to do that, and was afterwards able to switch back to Mobile View with Dark Theme.

3 Likes

Hamburger menu?
Do we get fries with this?
Thanx team, definitely a nice option…

much appreciated from large panel users like meself

This forum does so many things better. Love the dark theme. Love being able to like a post without cluttering with a reply saying i like it, and love the ease of posting pics. Great job!

2 Likes

Ok, I agree that in general, things are subjective. My point was however, that the different medias have different energy requirements for creating black or white:

• It takes energy to darken a white piece of paper
  • It takes energy to light up a (black at rest) screen

Therefore, you should treat paper media and screen media differently wrt how you use white/black… I hope this makes sense. Printing a white page black takes an insane amount of ink/colour, and lighting up 1920x1080 or more pixels with the highest luminance of light, takes up alot of ebergy as well…

1 Like

this is the greatest thing to happen to me today.

Sure I agree but I guess it doesn’t stop/focus to white and black or energy… but I do think people must to have choices to suit them the best on accessibility, comfort etc… to get the best experience. and that’s possible to give them with the digital world.

A nice app I found few month ago is https://justgetflux.com
And it’s working actually it really helps you sleep faster because orange is the natural color of dusk, by diminishing blue in computer screen you prepare yourself naturally to go to bed at some point. you need to temporary deactivated when watching a movie of course :confused:

I find all this “things” very interesting

1 Like

Ah yes… I think I used to have that app on my mbp once as well… I do think twisting the spectrum to the red helps. I’ve had this thing called “night mode” on my iPad ever since it was introduced to iOS which does the same (and you can schedule it to enable and disable itself automatically according to time of day).

Also IIRC red light has been said to be easy for the eyes… Would be interesting to know why photography film labs have red lights :diddly:

Request: Mk2 View(grey)

For when you want your forum to match your new Elektron gear :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But analog or digital mk II grey though?

1 Like

Analog(but you WILL need a larger monitor tho :smiley: )

1 Like

But two Composite Video inputs? aww yeaaaaahh

1 Like

few years ago people would ask for theme to match each model of elektron machines, nowadays people would say oh no it’s too cheesy… Can’t wait to see how from 3D logo and icons to flat design and very minimalistic ui we are going to in few years… what’s next. What’s annoying me is with mobile and tablet to match our desktop and next TV… (I honestly not sure it’s the better solution to serve media matching those and responsive vectors to scale viewport) we pass from kind of futur and fun website with 3D environment or website like an experience or game with very good immersion, very good exploration to something responsive but with these framework and grids every website looks the same. Flash is kind of gone and Javascript and CSS animation replace it…

I feel like the WEB is annoying and only focus on the content and advertisement (+ marketing tracking)

2 Likes

‘hamburger menu’

1 Like

these run on html5 & CSS, no?

https://www.vertexshaderart.com

if so, there are vast possibilities…

IMG_1238

1 Like

Now we need mk2 theme with grey background and we’re set.