Daisy-chain Rytm mk2 and Four mk2

I would like to hook the main out from my Four mk2 into the Ext In on the Rytm mk2 so I can simply send the main out from the Rytm into my audio interface and have the audio from both devices mixed together. This sort of works except even at the highest Main Volume level on the Four, the Rytm volume drowns out the Four’s sound. What’s the right way to balance the audio of the two devices while set up in the daisy-chain? Thanks!

AR into A4 is certainly easier but you forego the AR compression - the bottom line is the inputs to the AR need to be hotter than most and there’s no gain (many threads on this exact topic), so either reduce the AR track levels a bit to match or add a boost device in between A4>AR - i’ve mulled this need over the years, just to have a basic 6-12db stereo gain box to allow some other quieter devices even than the A4 to be serviceable within the AR

the other way it’s easy as the A4 input levels can be set to match with the internal track levels better

1 Like

Ah, thanks. I will look into doing it the other way around (or just send them both through an outboard mixer).