Daft Punk - Epilogue

Lol they wait till 9 years after releasing their last album (and imo worst) break this news?

I will be forever grateful for their contributions to music, but I also don’t believe they are totally done forever. $$$$ is always a powerful motivation to come back.

2 Likes

haha… right. why does only one of them get blown up? i was waiting for the other explosion, but homie just walks into the sunset. hello, 911? i just witnessed a murder.

2 Likes

That blow up in the desert clip is from 2006 Electroma, funny that they recycled it.

3 Likes

A lot of people confused by this video should watch electroma haha. At heart these are two French auteurs who sacrificed nothing to will their vision into being. All of their work was pretty high-concept, despite it also being a part of pop culture. I thought they had another album in them, but maybe not.

2 Likes

Ah beat me to it. It’s quite a different ending though, which makes me think it is hinting at perhaps the creative differences they felt?

(Different in that guy man never killed himself, though maybe that just didn’t fit the tone of the epilogue vid)

so damn good, raw energy.

boiler room crowds take note, you really rarely see these kinda raw reactions captured authentically when people know the cameras are on.

2 Likes

some background on that show is here: Discovery: The Oral History of Daft Punk’s First American Show | SPIN

3 Likes

That is a f.cking banger if there ever was one. Alongside this, of course:

2 Likes

Nah, Discovery was great too.

1 Like

Wasn’t a big fan of theirs but their Tron legacy soundtrack was brilliant

2 Likes

Dont be daft

2 Likes

There are so many things that I don’t understand
There’s a world within in me that I cannot explain
Many rooms to explore but the doors look the same
I am lost I can’t even remember my name

2 Likes

I can’t wait to hear their solo material. I think it will sound better.

2 Likes

with you

8 Likes

Yeah hope so too.

2 Likes

RAM has so many incredible pieces, that track, touch, instant crush easily a rival for best prettiest production of the past decade.

For a band that always wanted to make a rock n roll emotional album but was just better at writing with synths and drum machines, the fact they finally figured out how to combine it all into was such a pretty album as RAM I think is more of a testimony to hardware and passion than anything else they ever did.

5 Likes
3 Likes

If jackin house comes back into style I’ll be the last to complain!

Sample master

5 Likes

It never went out of style bro. :innocent:

4 Likes