Daft Punk - Epilogue

3 Likes

Well that’s 8 mins of my life I won’t get back…

10 Likes

Haaa :frowning:

7 Likes

I liked their first 3 albums, not really into their later stuff though, they seemed to have lost their Robotic roots IMHO.

10 Likes

My thoughts exactly, the whole thing seemed a bit drawn out and self indulgent.

5 Likes

Good news, they should have stopped at homework.

12 Likes

I’m a bit gutted. I saw them for their Alive tour, which was a totally amazing show – the best gig I’ve ever been to. I was hoping (post pandemic) they might do another album and tour it. Still they had a pretty great run.

4 Likes

They are robots trying to be erotic humans :rofl:

seems reasonable. not sure where else they could go.
I also found their latest boring and self indulgent.
Homework is still a great album (and my fav from them), and One More Time’s anthem-like energy can’t be denied (some other great tracks on that album as well, of course).

Wondering if they’ll dive into some personal projects or just work producing big league artists until the end of times.

1 Like

Truly an iconic duo.

Random Access Memories is the closest thing we’ll get to a modern Steely Dan album. Sad to see them go.

7 Likes

Homework and Discovery mean the world to me. Saw them in Leeds for the Alive '07 tour and it was hands down the best big show I’ve ever seen (Do you remember those grainy Coachella videos?)

Absolute legends of music.

6 Likes

Still got the Around The World and Da Funk promo 12”s I picked up (via Kiss 102) back in the day.

5 Likes

Maybe my fave of theirs? Homework came out just as I was winding back DJing and getting more into writing and production. Happy times.

2 Likes

Bummer! I recall rumors of them making a new house record a few years back and hoped to see that become a reality.

I think after 2005 they were past their best, time flies.
A lot of people didn’t like HAA but I thought it was ok, although not as good as Homework and Discovery, RAM and the TR2N soundtrack were disappointing IMHO.

8 Likes

Ah no this makes me super sad. First thing since Prince’s death that I feel real remorse about having never been able to see something live. Can’t really start to imagine the musical influence of Daft Punk in their heyday. Absolute legends to me. And after their classic albums I’ve had their Tron soundtrack on extreme repeat.

4 Likes

damn, that’s a banger. there are some mentions of gear in the comments. it would be cool to see how they routed and played everything back then.

As far as I understood, MDMA was taking care of the technical side of the show :upside_down_face:

I think that once you hear the original tracks that they sampled it was surprising (to me anyway) sometimes how little they changed the source samples, it did not stop me buying pretty much everything they did though.

3 Likes

So if Punk blew himself up is it just Daft now?