Cymbals and metallic percussions synthesis lab

I know. Didn’t start this in the first place. Don’t tell mom. :innocent:

1 Like

@sezare56 big big apologies for picking up the derailing of your thread. Here’s some real metallic metal I did a while ago.

10 Likes

Hmm, i am actually not so sure how a real clap looks like, i.e. if its a metal instrument or not. They replicated it with a ride like instrument in the real world.

Maybe each drum instrument desrves its own thread, they are equally important.

Clap in full kit demo:

All this cymbal stuff made me want to synthesise a gong sound.

Will try that when I get off from work and post samples if a manage to get it anywhere near.

I oftentimes watch vids on YT of ppl hitting these enormous gongs with v soft mallets.
That 10 or something seconds attack phase is insane. I love those things but could never afford one.

5 Likes

Very interesting derailing ! :content:
Nice claps btw. I don’t like clap sounds in general, so it wouldn’t be a priority as sound design curiosity, but…:thinking:

2 Likes

i had a bash at making some A4 claps yesterday after this thread derailment :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Lovely!

Thinking out loud: Do we need a show-me-your-best-synthesized-claps-thread?

4 Likes

Since this thread is already on the wrong path, and just for reference, I’m amazed by the sound quality of this physmod module :

2 Likes

Yeaaaaah, I want this in my Syntakt :frowning: But next month I’m going to check out the Nord Drum 3p!

1 Like

The Nord Drum 3p is heaven for snares, kicks, toms, mallet type sounds, but I find the hats and the cymbals of this module way better.
It’s decided, I’m getting into Eurorack. New drug.

1 Like

yes we do!

Okay, Crucible for Hihats, Cymbals and Rides. Makes 3x 358 Euros = 1074 Euros. Then I need some Midi to CV converters … :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

1 Like

And then Kraken for snares. WMD made only two physmod modules but they are really really good.

1 Like