CV to MIDI conversion

Indeed!
Turning A4/AK CV track into a MIDI notes track with 2 additional p-locks/LFOs.

Following on from this thread CV to MIDI conversion

Has anyone actually bought one and using it with their A4/AK via it’s CV track.

Reviews/usability would be nice from anyone on here who is using one with their A4/AK.

It works. See above

1 Like

I didn’t have this issue, but I didn’t use it with a Voyager.

Have you confirmed this behavior when using it to control a synth other than the Voyager?

Have you tried tweaking the output voltage on the A4’s CV?

1 Like

What voltage are you sending the Kenton (as seen/set from the A4 CV Config screen) ?

Hi Guys
Did some of you buy the Kenton Pro CV to MIDI?
I did, but I have a problem… The PRO CV to MIDI is connected between an AK, and a Dominion Club from MFB. It works except that I have no “note priority”… Basically, when I make two notes, one after the other, I hear a note then the other, ok. However, when I play a note that I hold down and play another note, the first note is not interrupted, I hear only the first one. Same with the sequencer, if two notes overlaps, we ear only the first one…
If you have the same problem or even better a solution, let me know! :slight_smile:
I did the test with a Hades from Dreadbox : same problem. But when I plug the Hades directly in CV, no problem it works.

Thanks

Hi,
Recently I bought A4 mk1 and found out that it has CV track. I also have cute little acid synth - MAM MB33 and really want to be able to sequence it with A4, but MB33 has only MIDI In and thats it …
I did some research and found that device :

Have anyone any on hand experience with converting cv to midi with A4 with this device or maybe there is any other way to control MIDI enabled device with A4 ?

Thank you in advance

I use Reatkor Blocks to convert MIDI to CV and CV to MIDI.

What audio interface are you using that allows you to do that?

never tried it, thanks for suggestion :slight_smile:
however I want to sequence MB33 without a laptop, otherwise Ableton’s sequencer is not that bad :slight_smile:

I’m using this as a part of a modular setup and it works like charm. Does what it says on the box. It allows to change the CC channels on fly, adding additional level of variations.

1 Like

Does the A4s note length parameter work correctly with the Kenton converter?

1 Like

so you are happy with this Kenton Pro CV to MIDI ?
Thanks ^^

You can always set up that routing and the coverters…then just shelf the laptop.

Or get a little modular case. Get an Expert Sleepers ES-8, an Analog Systems RS-140 and a ADDAC 221 and or a 222 and you have all you need. But thats CONSIDERABLY more expensive (minus the cost of a laptop on the software side. Assuming you have ine already)

I have an ES-8 to take CV from modular. Or just setup modulattions in Blocks. Advantage of Blocks, is you can sync it to your gear. And have all your modulations synced if you like.

1 Like

sry I have not used it with A4. Only with modular.

1 Like

Yeah, it just works.

2 Likes

Thanks for info ^^

Block -> Digitakt
chucked something together real quick to mod some shits…

sloppy as hell…but quick and dirty…and it werks.