CV pitch is broken in os1.22 from Track1-4

usually when you hit the YES button, then whatever you have assigned in say CV D menu for V / OCT … say note 1 C1 and volrage 1 = 1.708 then when you hit YES the assigned value would be fired out via CV …

in my case to the M32 …

all of a sudden the YES button does not do anything anymore and you have to press C on the keyboard to hear the sound. …

but when I assign 2 different voltages to note 1 and note 2 … for whatever reason the mother32 plays the same pitched tone, even though I am playing different notes on the keyboard from the a4 (when i exited the menue and saved the kit)

what would be fired out, if you define a gradient using two points … what is there to fire out ?
I don’t see this as a bug at all, if something previously happened, then that might have been a bug - if you were setting up a gate and the Yes button conveniently sent a gate, that’s one thing, but how do you send a discrete value from a CV range ! ?

out of interest … what exactly are these issues ?
triggering the CV track from any track works perfectly for me - there’s no lag or any issues as per OP !
what was ‘confirmed’ - how do you re-create, what is getting fixed ?
i tested with Dark Energy and Tr1 mirrors the internal voice on 1 just fine … not sure what the original reference to filters was about …

what would be fired out, if you define a gradient using two points … what is there to fire out ?
I don’t see this as a bug at all, if something previously happened, then that might have been a bug - if you were setting up a gate and the Yes button conveniently sent a gate, that’s one thing, but how do you send a discrete value from a CV range ! ?[/quote]
thanks for your help avantronica,.-… this at 1:38 does not work anymore… https://youtu.be/RNhktrHHyew?t=98

okay, aaah :+1: - thanks for putting me straight, so the currently edited value could be sent (handy) whilst tweaking - hardly a show stopper to have to press a micro-key (ultimately more revealing)
but I take your point, not a significant bug … just a tiny workflow regression

I don’t see this behaviour, care to clarify what was confirmed as a bug, i.e. simple steps to replicate …

okay, aaah :+1: - thanks for putting me straight, so the currently edited value could be sent (handy) whilst tweaking - hardly a show stopper to have to press a micro-key (ultimately more revealing)
but I take your point, not a significant bug … just a tiny workflow regression[/quote]
hmm not sure…
tuning with yes/save was quick and easy and now im not able to get my MS20 in tune.
if you say press a key on the keyboard ? which one ?

i tried to do that. tuned the first note lets say C2 to ( 1.034 V for examples sake). pressed c2, watched the tuner fine: C2 working properly.
tuning second note: C4. should be around 3.xxx V. Its not even close to C4. Thats not my main problem, as every synth might be a little different. but which key should i press to send a gate to check if C4 is in tune ?
when i try to check C4 then on my analog keys, i press C4. i check my tuner and see, its not a C.
now comes the part i dont get. if i increase the voltage for C4 and i press the key C4 again, the pitch goes down, and vice versa.
that didnt happen when the yes/save button worked. maybe user error, but then i would need some helping hand…

but I take your point, not a significant bug … just a tiny workflow regression[/quote]
hmm not sure…
tuning with yes/save was quick and easy and now im not able to get my MS20 in tune.
if you say press a key on the keyboard ? which one ?

i tried to do that. tuned the first note lets say C2 to ( 1.034 V for examples sake). pressed c2, watched the tuner fine: C2 working properly.
tuning second note: C4. should be around 3.xxx V. Its not even close to C4. Thats not my main problem, as every synth might be a little different. but which key should i press to send a gate to check if C4 is in tune ?
when i try to check C4 then on my analog keys, i press C4. i check my tuner and see, its not a C.
now comes the part i dont get. if i increase the voltage for C4 and i press the key C4 again, the pitch goes down, and vice versa.
that didnt happen when the yes/save button worked. maybe user error, but then i would need some helping hand…[/quote]
same here on my mother32 … big poopy

Nope
the MS20 has a narrow working range btw
if c2 equated to 1v
then it is NOT 3v-ish for c4 (ought to be 4)
the Korg relationship is doubling with each octave
the lowest note on the ms20 is accessed using
1v
the next c is 2v
the next c is 4v
the high c is 8v
start off with Hz/V
make Cx be 1v
make Cx+3 be 8v
should be very close, especially if you fine tune MS

try what I suggested in the other thread
this stuff should be very simple to get close !

Thanks, i will try out this evening.
Add 1: as it is the MS20M, i can also use V/Oct, but its also not working.
But okay, i will first try again tonight, and will come back then.

ah, cool
there are v/oct mod jacks on mini, but it’s not so reliable
if they’ve designed it to do both i’d expect both options to work well, but i’d use the Hz/v if possible
don’t forget though that the MS range is achieved by OSC range adjustment, you will still (probably) be limited to a narrow 3 octave range where it plays nicely … I’ve calibrated my MS20mini and it’s playing fine with neat round values - but it will fall apart if you go outside the same range as the physical keyboard (so in your case, keep the range narrow (the three mid A4 octaves) and don’t expect to play the keys over a wide range - you’ll need to use the Footage controls for that … certainly in Hz/v mode, and likely in v/oct too
you have a sq1 presumably - that’s why the midi notes are restricted … set your voltages the same as on the sq1 if you have a voltmeter to measure (ie lowest and highest)

ah, cool
there are v/oct mod jacks on mini, but it’s not so reliable
if they’ve designed it to do both i’d expect both options to work well, but i’d use the Hz/v if possible
don’t forget though that the MS range is achieved by OSC range adjustment, you will still (probably) be limited to a narrow 3 octave range where it plays nicely … I’ve calibrated my MS20mini and it’s playing fine with neat round values - but it will fall apart if you go outside the same range as the physical keyboard (so in your case, keep the range narrow (the three mid A4 octaves) and don’t expect to play the keys over a wide range - you’ll need to use the Footage controls for that … certainly in Hz/v mode, and likely in v/oct too
you have a sq1 presumably - that’s why the midi notes are restricted … set your voltages the same as on the sq1 if you have a voltmeter to measure (ie lowest and highest)[/quote]
soooo…

Yes/Save Button still not working while tuning CV. Not the end of the world, but when the manual says do it like this…mhhhh

When i try to tune Hz/V it still weird. I can set up the first note, but as soon as i try to tune the second, the Analog Keys is going mad. As the Microbrute is not working with Hz/V i cannot doublecheck what is going on there.

With V/Oct it works like charm:
C3: 2,007V
C5: 4,007V

So i still claim that there is something missing with OS 1.22, but as long i can work with the Machine without restrictions i´m fine.

Thanks for your help avantronica !

Yeah, elektron confirm that this Yes functionality has been restored to the previous way it worked, for my purposes in the meantime (as i’d clearly forgotten it worked like that) it’s not been a problem setting up both V/oct and hz/v synths, but it’ll be sorted for os1.23 apparently
I’m surprised C3 1v C6 8v in Hz/v didn’t work for MS, that’s how the sq1 controls it (and it can’t be fine tune adjusted, those nominal values should be good ! )

Have not been ableto track pitch correctly in a Minitaur, after I set top and low ranges the first keys work as intended and it starts to go out of tune.

could this be related to this bug or is a Minitaur issue?

i paste the text i mailed to elektron support guys here:

basic setup: on CV track i set up pitch source coming from Track1.
on Track1 i activate only one osc, and choose Input A , open filters and set up regular envelopes.
then i play some notes as 8/4 notes in sync with tempo:
C-D-G-A-A-G-D-C.
what i hear is:
C-C-C-C-A-A-A-A
No matter if Track 1,2,3 or 4.

If i now turn up the volume on FX channel for incoming signal, i hear the external osc playing one tone.

on CV track i switch Pitch source from Track 1 to CV Track. when i play now notes, pitch is changing immediatly: While Playing C-D-G-A-A-G-D-C i hear C-D-G-A-A-G-D-C.

hope that makes it clear!

This is caused by a Poly Mode configuration being active. It is currently looked into and will hopefully be solved soon. Try disabling all Poly configurations. As far as I know however, this is not a new issue.

1 Like

thanks for shedding light on this - ^and^ - it seems that Simon has found the reason why you were getting buggy behaviour and i wasn’t - an easy fix - disable Poly - hopefully this anomaly will be ironed out :+1:

This seems like something that should be detected in the beta test suite. Hope Elektron fixes this soon. I expect bullet-proof performance from these premium priced synths. don’t want to change my impression…

Simon, you are a star.