CV help please

Hi. Just got my firts modular Eurorack gear. (Mutable instruments Braids among other stuff) And sat down with @Nedavine s excellent setup video. Two things:
His cv setup menu differs from mine. Probably older. How do i set up pitch V/Oct? Note1, voltage1, Note2, Voltage2 what notes and what voltages should be set for a standard setup?

When I chopse to set up CVA, it still says CVB in the display, chopsing cvb, it says cvb correct. Is this a bug or what.

I don’t wish to appear rude, but have you read through the manual or OS release notes ?

have you given some thought to the concept of what V / Octave even means … looking at the image, perhaps not … Voltage is proportional with a positive gradient as shown on the icon, so, low note, lower voltage, higher note, higher voltage … the relationship is V/Oct i.e. 1 volt per octave, so if you have to chose two notes try the Middle-ish Cs maybe C3 and set that to 0v, then set C4 to 1v or C5 to 2v, it doesn’t matter, so long as it’s nominally 1v / octave - that gets you in the ballpark, (maybe you need to offset the Cs to a different part of the range to suit your keyboard or synth, so use C2 and 3 or C4 and 5)

In terms of setting it up accurately which may not be exactly 1.00 v / octave it may vary a tiny bit, then follow the printed instructions[quote=“krusty4president, post:1, topic:36098”]
When I chopse to set up CVA, it still says CVB in the display,
[/quote]

I’ve no idea what you’re referring to, but the settings page for CV is controlled a little differently, Fn + CV A >D will bring up the settings page, then just tap the corresponding page for CV A B C D (without function) to adjust the respective settings, Fn + any will bring you back to the top page with adjustments that can be p-locked etc

Here are the notes from OS release notes, you should obviously be looking at the manual for general instructions

[quote=“krusty4president, post:1, topic:36098”]

Is this a bug or what.
[/quote]
i find this area of the UI to be the least polished, but it’s never been a hindrance to getting things done … the issue with Fn being the way to bring up the sub-page can lead to UI issues imho, but it’s never more than a button press away from being correct and consistent

This has been discussed quite a lot previously, there’s always something to pick up from earlier discussions …

https://www.elektronauts.com/search?q=cv%20settings

2 Likes

Came to reply and beaten to it with a very thorough response.

Thanks Avantronica

1 Like

Thanks for replying. I also wants to mention I made a big effort wrap my head around it and googled it before writing.
Your answer helped a lot.

2 Likes

Hi. I am new to modular and have a strange problem.
I think I have set up CV/Gate correctly.
I connect CV anf GATE to Mutable Instruments braid delfault settings CSAW
And audio out from braids directly to mixer

I run the Analog Four with trigs on 1-8, but I only get notes on trig 1,2,4,6,8
If i for instance disable trig 6 I get notes 1,2,4,7,8 instead.

Am I missing something?
Shouldnt I get audio on all trigs?

How long are the gates? Does Braids have it’s own envelope/vca for the volume curve? Or does it work from pulse or trigs?

I’m guessing the gates are too long so that they are overlapping. Try shortening them to brief pulses, just a fraction of one sequencer step.