Current sounds, where are they now?

Great idea for a thread, bonus points if poster links back to the post in the Current Sounds thread?

I recorded this (not really finished, working on it for a live thing) yesterday,

and it started life here

Current sounds coming from your gear - #558 by igtheflig and here
Current sounds coming from your gear - #562 by igtheflig

I guess it didn’t change that much.

1 Like

Yes!

And yeah, I imagine a lot of stuff isn’t going to be drastically different from the original since we generally like to share things that already are sounding cool. And yours sounded cool from the jump.

2 Likes

From this…

To this…

4 Likes

SynthNoise Rockabilly . I dig.

Fucksake, I was going for harsh electroskiffle.

2 Likes

Washboard Punk

1 Like

Reminded me of the intro/outro to Matt Johnson’s Red Cinders In the Sand from Burning Blue Soul

1 Like

I posted this in Current Sounds, but I guess at 4+minutes it should be here. Started life Current sounds coming from your gear - #812 by igtheflig

Current state is

1 Like

I posted this:

And it ended up more or less the same but with an actual sequence.

2 Likes

I redid the last one (Current sounds coming from your gear - #812 by igtheflig)

1 Like

Started life as Current sounds coming from your gear - #839 by igtheflig

I think I prefer the short initial thing, ah well.

1 Like

From this

To this… album

2 Likes
1 Like

Shared this Yesterday in Current Sounds. Just a live take on my iPhone voice recorder. But I have that on HiRes/HQ mode, so I think it’s good enough. Copied a couple of looped bars over as intro, added a subtle fade in and fade out, and set the proper gain with the help of LoudnessPenalty website. Nothing more, but I think the mix was pretty balanced to begin with. I’m starting to enjoy “finishing” tracks in Ableton a bit. Especcially with these very simple songs that require little arrangement choices. Cheers!

nice vibe!

From this one pattern:

to this:

2 Likes

And it became this track made with Digitone, LXR-02, Hydrasynth and Octatrack

2 Likes

that was a great Sunday afternoon chill out zone listening to that, thanks for posting!

1 Like

Glad you like it killingtime! Thanks for commenting :grinning:

1 Like

So this is a rather finished version of a track from my duo project:

… that I‘ve posted in a pretty embryonic state two months ago in current sounds sharing this link:

Still not final and we will bring back the DN beat from the first recording, but it evolved pretty great I feel. The Rev2 noodling in the first part still has to find it’s place.

Also distilled this 5 minute track:

out of this 25 minute jam I shared last October: