Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

And some Machinedrum GND machines only stuff. Poppy kind of feels.

10 Likes

gorgeous!

2 Likes

Loving this, I would like to get my hands on a MD again one day, I was lent one for a while and failed to make the most of it

1 Like

Thank you @killingtime.

Thanks a lot! By no means am I making the most of the MD - after all, Iā€™ve been using just the GND machines for two and a half months now, ha! - but Iā€™ve embraced it more as a groovebox or 16-track digital synth than before. Heck, itā€™s kinda more than 16 tracks because you can do chords with just one track. I was doing similar stuff with the MD before the X.04 firmware but the fact that I couldnā€™t tune the machines as nicely as now made it frustrating. For me the X.04 update is nothing short of a miracle.

2 Likes

I think maybe the right approach is to use one machine constantly until you know it inside out?!

1 Like

9 Moog voices into the modular with a little A4 perc

7 Likes

:heart: for each of the 9 Moog voices. Lovely groove in this one, also starts moving along really nicely towards the end!

Yeah, getting to know a piece of gear isnā€™t rocket science. But it takes patience, which isnā€™t one of my virtues. MD jams have just been so much fun after the X.04!

ā€¦and some drony sounds (a couple of VST sound sources and some piano driven through the preamps of a Fostex 4-track) to close the night, as itā€™s past midnight here in Finland.

5 Likes

Thank you, 9 voices are a lot to tame!
Nice late night vibe in this one, although it is probably still light in Finland past midnight at this time of year!

1 Like

Just one Moog voice with OT FX

8 Likes

Yesā€¦ get that comb filter happening. Tight decay, p lock the occasional long decay, LFO to LP, cross fader to Feedbackā€¦

1 Like

This is a very nice sounding and moving Voice. Greatly designed and tweaked. I really love this. Thanks for recording and sharing it.

1 Like

Iā€™m having way too much fun with the OTā€™s flanger to give a shit about the comb filter. Itā€™s the best flanger Iā€™ve ever used by a really long way.

Youā€™re welcome, Iā€™m going to try and make a proper track with it later, weā€™ll see what comes of it.

2 Likes

DFAM is defo my favourite voice of them all

3 Likes

I know what you mean. Having those lfos slide trigs and cross fader to mod the FX is pretty damn sweet.

And they say octa FX are mehā€¦ fools.

1 Like

Sent Cycles through a distortion pedal and played it in parallel with a clean signal. Got carried away and lost parameters for both. Havenā€™t recorded through an audio interface. The only thing left is this phone recordingā€¦

6 Likes

OT + AH + Lyra8 + DFAM + Dark Energy + Soma Ether + Zoom Ms70-cdr + Boss odb-3

6 Likes

This is a short song that I made with Digitone and Digitakt. Iā€™m still learning about music production so I appreciate any feedback about the mix. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Dragging Lyra through the mud.

Great fun!

3 Likes

This is me going back and forth between a few variations on the same sequence on the Digitakt by changing the sample slot. Synth bits are from the Skulpt and the Digitone. Drums are from the Uno Synth.

This seems like a time when the crossfader on the Octatrack would be handy.

7 Likes