Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

707 + OT. Zencore is great. Being able to pitchmod oscillators independently at different speeds/depths etc. gives some nice wonky results šŸ« 

2 Likes

Quick jam with another MC-101 pattern

8 Likes

Model:Samples/0 Coast

Incredibly boring loop featuring knob tweaking.
Just learning the 0 Coast and begining to understand things about patching and modular.
Things that were known in theoryā€¦theyā€™re getting pretty real now.

4 Likes

Digitone, one pattern.

T1: Start with just one patch/one note (bass line created by offsetting theā€¦ offsets).
T2: kick/rim/hh
T3: randomly fading in/out texture
T4: main melody with multiple sound-locks and trig conditions for variation

7 Likes

i hit record for the first time in a long time! i finally spent a bit of time and money on power supplies, audio cables, midi cables, midi boxes, so i can have everything going at once.
this was a test of the new set up, with a little bit of:
rytm
mfb tanzbar
roland mks-50
yamaha tx81z

3 Likes

A movie opening sequence made with Digitone and Routine SP

8 Likes

You really want to see a third movie with Snake Plisskenā€¦right ?

2 Likes

Great! Care to share details/gear? Whatā€™s on the master track?

1 Like

Sorry Iā€™m not musically/technically inclinedā€¦.whatā€™s on the master? :grimacing:

risking looking really dumb

edited for clarity, I meant what did you do on the master track (or if you compressed the WAV for example). I like the mix.

There are some great mixes here and it always makes me wonder, the current sounds coming from your gear are always passing through limiters/compressors or are you all mixing geniuses?

Thanksā€¦all I ever do is use that plug from Softube called The Knob. Itā€™s free :slight_smile:

I just put a little of that.

Or do this thing I saw about compression, forgive the description I might be getting it wrong , where you filter the lows a little and boost the output, and it brings up the higher sideā€¦hmmm that sounds weird. Iā€™ll try to find the thing I read about that. I can take a pic of the settings I use.

But thatā€™s kinda it. A little of the Knob or a
little of that filtering compression thing.

:man_shrugging:t5:

Gonna add: Sean [Ae] said something about dynamic eq-ing a little chunk at 3000khz(?), I try that sometimesā€¦I donā€™t really hear a diff tho. 20+ years later and I still have no clue.

1 Like

Now that you mention it, could fit!

I was meddling with odd settings on the DFAM and some of the new v1.4 kits on LXR02ā€¦bit of eowave swarm in there too.

4 Likes

pulsar-octatrack

6 Likes

MC707 + OT Zencore can sound very crusty and ā€˜analogā€™. :ok_hand::musical_keyboard:

5 Likes

ā€¦Only if this 3rd movie would be worthy of the first.

1 Like

Oh melancholiaā€¦

1 Like

I didnā€™t quiet like BAM upon receiving itā€¦ but Iā€™m starting to take a shine to it. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever come across a more tweakable reverb, the pitch shift on the size knob is sooo smooth!

Here Iā€™m running a super crusty OT beat through microcosm and BAM and playing with their knobsā€¦ a lot of fun was had!

3 Likes

0 Coast/Fors Bokeh-Box

10 Likes

just recorded a quick take of a pattern i started yesterday - I think im going to call it ā€œOh shit, its the cops (quick - pretend youā€™re asleep)ā€.
needs another element or two, plus at least a full other pattern but i think its going somewhere

Iā€™m trying to get a bunch of ideas together for a set!

DT DN AH2

5 Likes