Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

Nice. The delays on the Lyra-8 is wonderful, isn’t it?

1 Like

They are! I want fine tuners on those knobs, though. I have to sit there blowing gently on them, or maybe brushing them with a camel’s hair brush with only three hairs remaining on it.

2 Likes

A single Digitone operator, detuned to 0Hz, with high feedback. Random LFO modulating the harmonics parameter.

Credit to @Akio_Daku for discovering this behaviour.

13 Likes

digitakt scramz

1 Like

Good one. Didn’t know about that little gem in the box.

1 Like

Building from last post.

Melody : Super 6
Drums : Rytm
Pads : Hydra
Bass : Sirin
Additional Color : Heat (Round Fuzz)

16 Likes

My attempt to control my Behringer Neutron

Digitakt: mostly drums, and bass
Model: Cycles: bit of percussion, some melodic notes and chords
Microkorg: the pad in the background
Neutron: trying to not make it scream too much as the lead(?)

5 Likes

kick: Minitaur
piano: Arturia piano v2
strings-like sound: Qu-bit Surface

I’m playing the piano (poorly and mostly improvised) with the Hermod filtering the chords (to be left as is) while adding some random notes based on my right hand (one track goes to the piano/kontakt markI and another one goes to the Qu-bit). ad lib vocals.

7 Likes

I will say it again : playing with the real thing must be a trip.
Buchla Easel V (Arturia)

6 Likes

Trying to slim down my Doom metal with synths setup for a gig on Thursday.

So I’m now running my Polivoks through my BAM (set fairly short and only about 20% wet, but a fair bit of input gain), then into my A4 as oscillators 1 (L input) and 2 (R input) on track one, also a little bit through the ext. in, but only using the send effects subtly on the oscillators. Track two of the A4 is just there for a few high harmonics, you’d barely know it was there but it’s doing a job.

Then it’s going through the Heat, on saturation with everything pretty much set to 11.

So what you’re hearing is 95% Polivoks and all the different ways it’s being processed.

17 Likes

Have fun! From what I’ve heard the audience will be in for a treat / won’t know what hit them! Really impressive stuff, doom metal with synths indeed!

2 Likes

Cheers.

It’s funny, I spent buttloads of money on Eurorack gear and justified it to myself because I was convinced I couldn’t make these kinds of sounds any other way. Turns out I can do it better with gear that cost me less than half as much.

6 Likes

Where are you playing on Thursday?

Just a 15 minute slot at an open mic night in Leicester.

I’ve oversold it to be honest calling it a gig.

7 Likes

But it’s not a gag. Perhaps we can call it a geg.

1 Like

IMHO justified & eurorack are 2 words that can’t be used in the same sentence in a present tense.

3 Likes

Last night jam with M:C on the controls, which I still love that machine, Argon8 on the pads and reface DX on the lead with an old school sound like a SY-1 vintage synth (?). Took me a couple of hours to make the sound design , programming the sequencer and then learning how to play. The mix isn’t the best , next time will be better. Any suggestions are appreciated.

8 Likes

A4 only.

Faster

14 Likes

Make sure you record it for us.

6 Likes

I’ll do my best to remember.

2 Likes