Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

Had a bit of un-creative work time from home (which happens to take place in the studio, conveniently enough) so I decided to test if I could come close to THAT lead sound in Yazoo’s Don’t go, using the Blue Marvins. So, just a quick test of that accompanied by the AKs for drums + arps and the Minitaur on bass (Kurzweil Rumour, AH and Behringer V-verb for fx along with the Ozone limiter after printing). Time didn’t allow for the brass swells to be as good as I hoped.

9 Likes

Do State Farm next

A4DnDb01

6 Likes

Something simple on the Polybrute

8 Likes

Yet another studio clear out. Lots up for sale. Prophet 5 back in the house. MengQi Wingie mk2 turned up too :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Far too long for the Open Challenge #7 - Droning On thread, but that there Grendel DC-2e does pretty much what it should, especially with the help of a T-Resonator II and plenty of Space Echo, both in digital and software forms.

6 Likes

Nice, is the bit crushing coming from the Prophet?

think I ran the Prophet into a Chase Bliss MOOD or Blooper from memory…

Jamming with a single MD pattern with some internal sampling.

Edit: Another one (different patterns) with a bit more structure to it.

15 Likes

Doing sound design exercises on the Analog Four this morning. The dual filters make the A4 SUPER powerful for sound effects. This is “camping on an alien planet in a thunderstorm”

8 Likes

Wonderful. I haven’t used a Machinedrum, and I’m unlikely to spend the money to get one. But I can hear the character of it in these clips, it sounds very cool

1 Like

5 Likes

Too long for the drone challenge.
Vermona retroverb as intro drone, Pittsburgh SV1 doing high harmonics. Quadraverb.

6 Likes

It’s kinda weird. When I post here, it feels like I’m done with the snippet and I have a hard time finishing them but thanks to @lesstalkmoredisco kind words, I did. Sometimes a little push goes a long way! Not what I usually do but whatever, I had some fun working on it!

4 Likes

Love it @blakewalt

1 Like

sidrax is back :brown_heart:
sidrax - coco - octatrack (used as a 3 channel looper) - syntrx (as an fx processor for the coco/sidrax)

10 Likes

Thanks to help from @garf, I’m able to sequence my 0-Coasts from a single midi track. So, this was made as a quick test. 2x 0-Coasts, into Bitwig FX, then smashed into a limiter as per usual…

8 Likes

Super 6, PERfourMER, Sirin, AR

3 Likes

Be sure to tag me when this changes to “Pulsar is back!” Still, this stuff is excellent as always.

1 Like

Beautiful, like a darker “Eastward” OST.

1 Like