Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

really enjoying these latest dirty ones @phaelam , reminds me of some jams i did limited to just the RSD-10 sampler triggered by a Boss D110. what’s occurring here? new genre; lo-lo-fi

1 Like

MD/MCL slop beat

10 Likes

Through-zero FM étude: manual carrier pitch sweep on Generate 3 (a touch of higher harmonics here and there), modulated by audio-rate Falistri taking random pentatonic minor (of course) V/oct from Pam’s which is also sending Euclidean envelopes to G3’s Exp FM and V/oct inputs, into Sarajewo with swept sync delay times and much feedback.

5 Likes

Nice groove, got some hooks to it.

1 Like

Screaming XT classic machine on AR (running through AH and Dr A)

4 Likes

Moog (Model D) iOS drone with filter and pitch play:

6 Likes

DN with some fun arp and lush bass. No post processing. 100% DN over USB into Bitwig. Converted WAV to MP3 is all. Wait till close to the end for the filter collisions. Sounds like it goes into reverse! No percussion on this one. Just 3 tracks at most but 2 is all that is really needed. That bass hits so hard…

(sorry for double post… just been jamming this morning)

7 Likes

I’m using gear I have to make sounds :grimacing:
[not trying to be an asshole]

I had previously stated that I’m not gonna say what I use to do anything. I’d just prefer stuff to be liked for how it sounds vs how it was done. I find how it was done seems to get in the way of how some perceive the sounds. In the end you listen to the sound, not look at it….so I’m going to stick to how I’m doing it.
[I would like to say what I did, but I wont]

Oh I wanted to add…I’m not intending lo-fi sound. I’m just super shit at picking sounds, samples and at mixing. I would love to have Ae clarity and punch…that’s what I’m shooting for, but I get this shit, flat, crappy mix. I really have no clue.

You guys all have pro sounding stuff :+1:t6:

2 Likes

lofi comment was more related to the weird aliasing and artefacts in the slowed down sounds, mix isn’t flat.
fair dos tho. always enjoy listening to stuff where i can’t work out quite what’s happening. do more!

1 Like

5 Likes

thanks for understanding.

Piano VST, Prophet (well, it could be anything by the time I’d messed with it with some pedals), Matriarch.

11 Likes

Another Maschine sketch.

7 Likes

Who wouldn’t :wink:

…the Sex Pistols? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like this whole scene. nice choices

1 Like

when the filter does its job:

5 Likes

SubH and OT

7 Likes