Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 2)

4 Likes

Recorded some random stuff through the Particle into the OT and made a beat. Drums only so probably boring, but it’s what’s current in this house :house: :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

7 Likes

one very basic loop… first without fx, then with fx on sp404 and modulation from octatrack. quite sweet.

7 Likes

Playing around with the hold function on an old Roland SDE1000

2 Likes

0-Coast / SQ-1 / Fors Void

9 Likes

One take, three voices from the synth. The SQ-64 is sending one pitch CV for the bass-ish tone, and some triggers for the envelopes. Further divisions coming from the dividers.

The chirpy pseudo-kick-ish sound is one of the LPGs getting pinged by the combined slope peak output.

The bass sound is phase modulation layered with ring modulation from the same (ECVCO).

The high sounds (also an FM source) and digital noise hat-ish sound and sweeps are from the VCO++ and its routable shift register.

7 Likes

I made a techno track. If you like techno, you might like it…

2 Likes

8 Likes

2 Likes

Synthwave single #2. Feat. Sequential Take 5 & a Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz Bass:

2 Likes

I was dabbling on my modular with a few really normal and imo “vanilla” oscillators. The mavis oscillator and two 3340s that I built. I essentially wanted to see what I could coax out of these basic oscillators with a very minimal patch. It kinda got weird pretty quick.

Anyway I though it was pretty cool so I trimmed down a couple of mins of the sesh I recorded and made a little vid to go with it using some royalty free background stuff I had.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Perfect OST for 70s Italian Thriller/Horror movie.

3 Likes

sp404 with samples from serge

18 Likes

sick atmos

enjoying the sp? making it sound like the usual trytykee nuttery! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. Yeah, I like the interface and workflow. It allows you to develop muscle memory which makes you work fast, not only playing, recording and resampling but also audio editing is very fast. I can easily just keep recording some parts of a Serge patch, resampling it and creating a finished material. And I can recycle those materials any time. For now it is a keeper.

1 Like

not really making a track, just learned how to sequence the TD-3 from the Octatrack (should’ve done this years ago), and also how to use Octachainer (ditto)

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/bnDyV9X-6Tw

1 Like

OT as a weird filtered and pitched multitap delay for the Digitone

9 Likes

experiment with creating nostalgic 80s synthwave drums using the Linn Drum plugin, gated reverb in Ableton Live

2 Likes