Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 2)

Never loved the hats from M:C, sounds surprisingly nice through Boum. Sweet.

Thanks!

Think there are a few sweet spots for the hats on the m:c, but not many I agree :wink:

1 Like

10 Likes

A nice and slow one from the Peak

8 Likes

First attempt at a full track on the M:C, 140/dubsteppy thingā€¦ very open to any feedback

3 Likes

sp404

14 Likes

I had to listen to it twice, beautiful track!

1 Like

some fun testing with Ableton using default 909 drum kits and arp lead for mastering my DAW

1 Like

Thank you @blakewalt for the back to back listening and for the nice comment! I really appreciate it!:heart::pray:

1 Like

a little experiment to prove a point to myself

stopping after this one

using Ae sys, just tapped something out. and to me, sounds freakin cool. RESULT: I do NOT know how to shape sounds and get them to sit well with one another. this is straight out the box and sounds better to me than any shit I try to mix and fix with the garbage sounds I make. :disappointed: :rage:

current sound that in fact DID come from my gear, but not my sounds

the question I have to add is: HTF do you get yer head into sound creation. cuz I listen to the sounds for each track on their own, and I dont think those would be sounds I would ever think could be something good. yet all together, they sound sick. do I have no foresight? baffled/disappointed

11 Likes

I miss Monomachineā€¦

3 Likes

DN+DT

5 Likes

what gears are responsible for this madness?

5 Likes

The two main ingredients are Ephemere from InearDisplay and Ruina from Noise Engineering. Ephereme is a percussion synthesizer based on frequency modulation and itā€™s awesome: Ephemere - Inear Display It sounds like a Perkons in your DAW.

Ruina is a brutal distortion unit from, and itā€™s free: Reason Freequel Bundle: Ruina, Sinc Vereor, Virt Vereor Rack Extensions | Noise Engineering

I think they make a great pair.

1 Like

Interesting topic about sound design.

Grass is always greener on the other side?

Either I spend a stupid amount of time designing one sound then trying to pair it with others, realising I might be better off with a more holistic approach or I go through older sounds Iā€™ve saved and not used yet. Sometimes Iā€™ve tried using just any sound just to write something down and then tried to design a sound to replace it, but this almost never worked well for me.

Maybe focus more on mixing sounds at first, then write?

I find this whole getting a good mix easier on some devices, like the Digitone, would like to hear if Iā€™m the only one.

Thatā€™s also the beauty of it init?

Obviously who am I to say but judging from your posts, maybe too hard on yourself.

1 Like

Some very nice sounds in there.

1 Like

Yeah, I wanna buy this.
When can we, @NeonMelk?

This one ?

I was thinking of your ongoing jazz project :grinning:
But patience is a virtue. Youā€™re still sketching the whole thing out, I gather.

1 Like