Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

Dub on Model:Cycles through Analog Heat (Enhancement).

[Edit: hmm, I may have messed up getting the Heat into the signal chain. Overbridge was acting up so I was trying to do it using USB audio, but this sounds unprocessed.]

6 Likes

Modal Craft Synth and Skulpt, Digitone, Sampletrak doing a little filter duty. Digitakt running the show. Just trying to make some cool samples

3 Likes

I did some experimenting with a no-input mixer setup this afternoon. Iā€™ll spare you the results. Sounds of such harsh timbres are an acquired taste. Iā€™ve done no-input mixer stuff before but not with such good results. Just wanted to share something happy I did with my toys today.

3 Likes

hi,this is my latest ā€¦

2 Likes

Just for completeness, hereā€™s the same dub as above, but actually run through the Analog Heat this time. Itā€™s a bit exaggerated (Mid Drive, envelope and LFO) but this is definitely special sauce for the Model:Cycles.

9 Likes

This is just Polyend Tracker, no mixing or processing in computer. Found some old recordings of my great-grandmother playing the piano. So thatā€™s the sort of lo-fi sample you hear panning around. Took the same sample and made the glitchy bassline using the granular sample playback. Thereā€™s also a sliding/gliding bassline made from a sample of me playing one note on my bass. The kick and snare are Bonham samples from Moby Dick. Also sampled in a shaker. Ride cymbal from some old sample pack.Thatā€™s it.

7 Likes

11 Likes

Just some faffing with ARPs on A4, and FX p-locks on AR

2 Likes

Messing around with some stuff on the Koala app.

10 Likes

Obviously, itā€™s a load of nonsense. But I am grinning a lot using The Grid in Bitwig for everything:

7 Likes

Somehow writing in 30 bpm felt easier. Sloppy dubby Cycles:

3 Likes

Experimenting with MM2 combi mode. A little tweaking of filter / resonance for both A and B patches.

Just a Keystep sequence, recorded into a zoom H1.

3 Likes

love this

6 Likes

I just wanted to limit myself in a pretty dogmatic way to understand the synthesis capability of Nord Drum 2. Iā€™ve used only A2 synthesis model on ND2 which is simply an analog style trianglewave.

10 Likes

Solo Nord Drumā€¦ 6 channels of the F1 algorithm

4 Likes

Another Bitwig Grid effort, this time using an Array table module for some real-time bitcrushing/delay:

7 Likes

Sick! :+1:t6:

Post full track somewhere. Fully dig that!

hereā€™s the whole jam as it happened. this was just 15 minutes to kill fun thing.
probably should post this in ā€œwhere are they nowā€ thread, but this was always where it wasā€¦

5 Likes

Awesomeā€¦thanks.
I love the vibe :+1:t6:

2 Likes