Cubase pro and AR midi tracks - SOLVED by using midi input transformer

Im trying to send the midi tracks from my AR mkII to a Korg M1 plugin used in multi, can’t get out…

I setup 2 midi tracks in cubase,
midi in from Elektron AR, midi out respectively to M1 ->midi1 and M1->midi2

The midi tracks 1 and 2 from the AR is merged by cubase to the selected in the arranger!|

WTF! I’m trying all combo and can’t get out…I want that the track1 of my AR will play the midi 1 of the plugin and same for the track 2…but seems very hard to get it!

Did you enable each Track of the AR to send MIDI under the SETUP menu? Do the MIDI channels of the AR and DAW match?

Sure, is enabled, and they match, i should make a video… maybe i should try to play with cubase midi thru function…ill try again next time in studio.

Im writing in the bug post!

Seems cubase is receiving midi from AR all from a single merged channel! I have a midi monitor log!

Solved…I need to use a tool called MIDI INPUT TRANSFORMER on cubase track to filter all the data coming from the AR in the right channel, a bit complicated but at the end I got it!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m having issues recording the midi out from ARmk2 into Nuendo, I’m wanting to record all the sequences into one midi track.

How do I do it?

Please help, I’m new to the ARMk2 and confused…

Welcome to the forum!

What have you tried so far?

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I’m trying to set it up to work with OB2. The audio is fine and I could record the audio just fine.
I’ve tried creating midi tracks in Nuendo and assigning the midi in from the Rytm on the midi tracks and the corresponding midi track numbers that each track is. I’m not getting any midi in from the Rytm. I have the Rytm system set to OB and the midi send info set to usb/midi.
That’s about where I’m at.
I can’t find any video tutorials that aren’t simply recording the audio in DAW.

I’m a little bamboozled…

EDIT: I’ve got some midi now, but the BD track is the only track being recorded and plays back with every pad that’s triggered… Why is this so complicated with the AR :frowning:

Also, the midi data is recording about 1/64th too early and double triggering, kind of like local on behavior.
Urgghh! I feel so stupid, it’s like Elektron is a different language for me :crazy_face:

Please can someone help?

I’m totally confused, read the manual and getting absolutely nowhere. If anything I’m getting more stuck. There seems to be no youtube tutorials on this either.

All i want to do is be able to record my RYTM midi into Nuendo/Cubase.