Cubase dongle interfering with USB audio (inc. OB) on 10.13.2?

So, since 10.13.2 and Cubase 9.5.10, I’ve started having problems with the Cubase dongle. Anyone else using Cubase?

If I have the dongle connected to Overhub, Virus TI plug-in won’t even start up. The Cubase dongle also has problems being recognised, which wasn’t previously an issue.

So, I’ve now moved the dongle over to a Thunderbolt to USB adapter, whilst Virus and AR and AK are connected to Overhub.

So far, that’s looking better. …but it does bring up the possibility that the Cubase dongle could be interfering with other devices - maybe eating more than its fair share of bandwidth.

Anyone else seeing similar?

whats the computer, OS?

Sorry, didn’t copy and paste all the info. It’s a cylinder style MacPro. 10.13.2.

if you are still on Thunderbolt, you maybe have the older mac- or macbook-version… than its maybe an issue of high sierra (it also destroyed a bootsector of an exfat-disk just by plugging in…)… i think we all should wait one or two years until apple getting their problems fixed…

I had similar problems with the 2017 Macbook Pro. (Audiodropouts and “stutter” when having a USB-Harddrive and a Soundcard on one hub)… with me it helps to use different USB-C ports, altough it seems at least the reliability of USB-C is really shit. maybe its about the quatlity of the adapter from USB-C…

Nope, as I said above - cylinder style MacPro.

:slight_smile: