CTRL-AL Trick / can't return to my original patterns

Hello good peoples !

I just got my SPS1 last week, and has I discovering this beautiful beast I ran across that video explaining the CTRL-AL trick for crazy parameter locks (what a classic!). I tried it and it worked like a charm. But now I have a problem, all my patterns went north, even tho I didn’t saved the kit (so the pattern if I’m not mistaken) with the CTRL-AL trick. The machines seems the same as before but now I have no sound from a lot of them and the sequences seems to be like some that was on the CTRL-AL pattern. Does someone have any idea how can I get back to original patterns ? It really bugs me out.

Love and best regards from france.

Salut de France !
I guess you sequencing CTRL ALL?
So the tricks is to save the KIT before start sequencing CTRL. After that :

• Sequencing the CTRL AL
  • Make your P Lock
  • Mute the CTRL AL track
  • Your KIT play “normal”
  • Save again to save the Plock
  • Play your pattern
  • Unmute the CTRL AL to active it
  • When you want to back on normal pattern, mute the track
  • Press Function + Classic/extended and the KIT is reload.

Im not sure is the best method, but i do it like this… and il interessting to know how people do it too :slight_smile:

And remenber that KIT is separate to Pattern. If two patterns have the same kit and you modify it on one pattern, its modified on all two patterns.
Désolé pour mon anglais de français :joy:

Hello Drea101 !

Merci beaucoup ! I think what I was missing was that method to reload the kit. I didn’t know that we could do that. I’ll try that as soon as I can. For now I just restarted the MD two times (as subtle as steven segal), seems to work.

And thanks too for the advice, I already figured the differences between modifying the kit and the patterns. I need to get use to just do parameters locks instead of saving as a new kit every time I change a midi preset or a parameter on a machine. There’s logic to this madness :smiley:

Hey on se débrouille quand même niveau anglais ; ). C’est chouette d’avoir pris le temps de me répondre.

Have a good sunday sir

1 Like