Cryptocurrency

All good man…most of them were mined years ago…why did I stop…:tired_face:

Couldve mined few hundred back then but got bored.

Quite happy to just hold them for next year and see what happens. Not cost me much tbh.

Few places online recon they should be at 1/4 BTC which if that happened id be buying new toys. If not, no real loss to myself.

1 Like

I’m more of a weedstocks kinda person

1 Like

Interestingly, this affected the price of BTC more than ETH. So far, the dip is minor; only 3.58% for BTC and 0.38% for ETH. They are still both at higher levels than they were at the beginning of this week.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that NEO has been edging ahead of ETH the last few days, but has leveled out a bit right now. As soon as some ETH appears in my wallet, I’m gonna trade it for more NEO. Also, if ETH drops to $900, I’m definitely buying more.

It doesn’t look good for Ripple though, and BTC/ETH are both trending upwards.

I just started reading up on how we’re required to handle taxes with regards to crypto transactions in the US, and it is terrible. We’re supposed to keep track of every transaction including crypto to crypto trades on exchanges, and make sure we report all gains in USD that occur at the time of any transaction.

I’m just going to hold what I got I guess, but I don’t want to deal with too much trading. I can only imagine how much it would suck to be a day trader of these, and having to keep track of all the wild fluctuations of thousands of trades.

Apparently if you don’t trade for over a year and just hold its taxed completely differently

Ive been eyeing up neo for a while but recently im coming to think that eth is the best thing to hold on to over the next year. I really think it’s dominant position now will allow it to become the big daddy and give it enough time to implement the big changes that will take it even further. I’ll probably have a different opinion in a fortnight I’m an idiot.

Is there an easy and accurate way to track how they’re all doing against each other? Or are you just comparing the usd price and doing the sums?

open the charts in different browser tabs and compare them…

neo has been booming, 6 times more value in 4 months…

coinmarketapp is handy to track em on your phone. make a favourites list n watch em all plummet :smile:
I use blockfolio app too. you can input your transactions and see your sponds whittle away :wink:

Binance

You have to keep track of that too.

4 Likes

Ahh has moved a lot closer to bitcoin in terms of market cap since this last post. It’s happening soon and I think once the market stops being tied to the success of bitcoin we can leave it behind and move forward… it will take a while though I think.

Meanwhile I’m all in on one currency and it feels great. I’m making music and sleeping which is great.

I just sold all my crypto. With what I lost from BTC in combination with what I gained from ETH, I made about $250 lol. Things are looking way too risky right now with the Tether scandal.

Wow fair enough! You seemed pretty into it but probably a good move tbh. If you’re not overly fond of that 250 dollars I would implore you to spend it on iota and leave it for 5 - 10 years. Put it in cold storage and don’t even look at the price. That defeats the point of getting out though I suppose. Good luck.

I deposited some cash into a local exchange recently after a mate evangelised to me all night about crypto and where’s my Lambo

Cash still hasn’t cleared, I guess if it just vanished into thin air then that might be my one attempt at ever trying to get onboard this hype-train/wreck

This is something I’ve been curious about. How do these exchanges track cost basis? Can you choose FIFO versus LIFO when selling? Are you provided quarterly statements that track capital gains so that you can easily determine your long term and short term capital gains?

Prints, did you learn anything from this experience?

You gotta use FIFO, and there are records for your buys/sells. You’ll actually receive a 1099 from Coinbase/GDAX if your sales exceed $20,000.

I learned a ton from my experience. This latest news about Tether is different from your standard FUD. There’s strong potential for a huge correction now.

It’s important to pay attention to Reddit to get a good impression of how all the different crypto communities react to things to help make judgement calls. Looking at where BTC is right now, I just managed to avoid big losses.

If I decide to invest again once I see the new bottom, I think I’d invest mostly into ETH. ETH prevented me from going into the red, I like how useful it is, the vast amount of projects related to it, and how it’s been reacting to FUD & this whole Tether ordeal.

2 Likes

I’m going to wait for Tether to implode before making any more crypto-related investments.

1 Like