Cryptocurrency

There are no reliable sources. The financial establishment are shitting themselves and are always saying that cryptocurrency will fail. The reality is that they want to keep control of the fiat currency that has made them rich. The have been literally making money for nothing while spreading misery, war and destruction, and it’s more than high time that these sharks were taken down. They can always suppress and co-opt political movements but this is really hurting them where it counts…

2 Likes

Its a huge topic, and there is actually ways that banks do that, think fractional reserve banking and quantitative easing. Start reading up on the history of Fiat currencies, the gold standard, the fractional reserve banking system and how the Federal reserve actually works. It’s a trip.

2 Likes

Thanks, sounds very interesting, will definitely be looking into that. I always understood quantative easing to be selling assets to create currency as opposed to magic-Ing it from thin air, so will take a deeper look.

Very true, but I am not a financial institution shaping the fiscal landscape.

I’m not convinced they really are. Although the marketing material likes to give one the impression that BTC is all about giving the finger to the man through anarcho-capitalism, there are troubling facts that, in my mind at least, raise important questions about the authenticity of the BTC creation fable. Assuming this ledger system was in fact designed to sidestep the financial establishment and sovereign authority, why would the developer choose to use encryption that was designed by the NSA, encryption known to be compromised, I should add? And then there is the fact that the first whitepaper was published by the NSA itself. Speculative mania aside, this is enough to raise red flags for me. But best of luck out there.

I almost never gamble but I once played a game of roulette where I hit the same number 3 times in a row with a 32:1 pay out. The croupier said he had never seen that occur before.

2 Likes

Ah, now to quote Richard Dawkins, ‘If you don’t believe in coincidence, you don’t understand how anything works!’

Are you sure about that?

And while you are reading about that, keep in mind that credit is not money. Banks don’t create money. They extend credit.

BTC is deflationary in nature, how can it function as a currency if the opportunity cost is such that propensity to spend approaches zero?

2 Likes

Are you not familiar with this debate?

1 Like

Not really. I though that the bitcoin code is open source and can be checked for backdoors and the like. I’m pretty sure Tor is open to the NSA but bitcoin doesn’t rely on Tor.
I don’t understand much about cryptocurrency which is why I didn’t invest in it years ago and also why I don’t get to buy a house now :frowning:

I believe there may be no commercial encryption that ships without pre-bundled backdoors.

And the original white paper from 1996:

How to make a mint: The cryptography of anonymous electronic cash

http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm

1 Like

Bitcoin doesn’t use RSA encryption AFAIK

Sorry, yes, it uses SHA256, with the same agency ties as above.

Anyway, OP, best of luck. Let us know how it goes.

Here is a good breakdown of how blockchain works for anyone unfamiliar:

1 Like

Thank you.

Cannot answer that.

I found this interesting to watch.
https://vimeo.com/187382945

don’t gamble!
study technical analysis and the blockchain technology, or you will hurt yourself.
you should have some experience with stocks and other volatile assets before investing in cryptocurrencies.

It’s only been a few days, but if I cashed out, I would already have made about $800 off of my $3500 investment. I’m going to hodl though for sure.

1 Like

Been in it for a while now , no regrets so far … buy the dips , ride the waves , relax and enjoy … don’t ever panic sell …

2 Likes