Crunch/elk-herd

Yeah that’s an issue that probably could be solved with this app eventually? He spoke of remove duplicates as a possible update (at least in the plus drive, not sure if it will eventually load project samples). Projects can get messy. I’ve got slots loaded with multiple of the same sample name as I sometimes cut loops on the PC and drag them into the Elektron Transfer App. So like 6 instances of the same filename with only 1 being used. I mean its not a showstopper, just feel a little OCD when it comes to project sample / sound management.

2 Likes

Exactly. Of course i can see which samples are loaded into the slots, but do i use them all? Or is there some which are unused/duplicated? My projects are mess(creative one, but still a mess), would be so great to ‘rinse’ them. Like in Ableton, where there’s a function to get rid of unused samples.

4 Likes

Back in the days, some trackers allowed you to trim any bit of audio samples that was not used in the song. Not just the whole sample, but down to parts of the sample (like keeping the begining and the loop but discarding the rest). Yes, that would be next to impossible to add to elektron products (random lfo + sample slot or random lfo + start offset… what do you do then ?) but still… food for thought.

Until then, better stay organized.

I’ve added finding duplicate samples on the +Drive as a feature request. With the current firmware (1.04), the app could do this easily.

I’d love to help find samples loaded into a project’s slots more than once, as well as find sample slots that are loaded but unused - and let you reorder the samples in the slots keeping assigned to the tracks and plocks… But all this has to wait until there is new firmware that supports access to Project data.

9 Likes

Amazing work. I can’t wait to try this out.

I’ve been wanting to rearrange my samples on the Digi for ages now and have never gotten to a point where I’d be happy to just delete everything and start again, or risk messing up what I already have on there.

At the moment my drum samples are grouped by drum machine name but because the browser on the Digi is so finicky, a folder for each drum part (kick, snare, hat etc) and namespaced files would make it much easier to find the right sample without interrupting the flow too much.

Excited this is going to finally let me get this sorted out!

2 Likes

@Mzero you are my hero. The reordering of sample slots would be amazing. 64 snare drums + LFO sent to slot location… :crazy_face: I’m usually a pretty patient person, but thinking about the possibilities now with a focus on project data… :scream:

1 Like

Seriously impressed by all the development. As someone else mentioned here, you got mad skills @mzero. Hope you enjoy my beer :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@turbotrixie & @Papa & anyone else who had trouble scanning:

I just released version 1.0.1. Simply reload to get it. It increases the timeouts so that very large directories should work.

If they still don’t work… try adding ?slow to the end of the URL and reloading the app… that’ll make the app wait a very long time before reporting a timeout. Please let me know if you need to do this.

Normal app: https://electric.kitchen/crunch/digitakt-manager/
Slow version: https://electric.kitchen/crunch/digitakt-manager/?slow

3 Likes

thanks a lot!

1 Like

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

1.05 Support

If you have upgraded your Digitakt to 1.05, and tried to use crunch/digitakt-manager you’ll find that it won’t connect to your machine. That is because the app is very picky about checking firmware versions on the DT.

I have a gig this Saturday (Feb 10) evening - so I’m not upgrading my Digitakt to 1.05 until after that.

On Sunday (Feb 11), after upgrading and testing, I’ll release a new version that supports 1.05.

Then I start diving into what new features in this OS I can get at… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

16 Likes

thanx for the update. looking forward to seeing what magic u come up with

1 Like

You da man!!

1 Like

Bravo!!

1 Like

Good luck at your gig today!! Can’t wait either to see what you can dig into with the new os.

1 Like

Would it be difficult make the Crunch software work with the RYTM?

1 Like

…I’m not promising anything, but I’m hoping to be able to lay my hands on a RYTM soon and see!

2 Likes

I ran into a problem and i’m probably missing something elementary.

When i my folder tree has grown larger than the screen estate how do i move folders to other non visable folders?

As soon as i have grabbed a folder i can’t scroll and i can’t copy/paste?

crunch/digitakt-manager 1.0.2 is out, and now supports devices with firmware 1.05. As always, just reload the page!

1.05 Note: The device no longer reports the /factory samples to the application, so you’ll no longer see them. I don’t know if this is intentional on Electron’s part or if there is a work around for 1.05. I’m looking into it.

6 Likes

Yup - this is a bug. I should probably implement auto scrolling when you hover near the top or bottom of a list.

2 Likes