Crunch/elk-herd

@turbotrixie - There is a timeout, but I’m surprised you ran into it - even with 750 samples. Was this over DIN MIDI by any chance?

I’ll work on handling this situation better soon. I’m actually at the NAMM show right now (Digitoooooooooone!!!) - so no coding for a few days.

2 Likes

I’m not ready to open source it. Part of the reason is that the code looks like it will be evolving significantly - esp. right after the next firmware upgrade. Part of the reason is that the MIDI interfaces on the Digitakt I’m using aren’t really supported - or even officially “there” - and I don’t want to force the hand of Elektron by documenting them.

I plan on trying to make stand alone versions via ElectronJS - but I can’t seem to find a definitive answer on if ElectronJS’s environment actually supports WebMIDI. Guess I’m going to have to build it to find out…

The code is written almost entirely in Elm, which is wholly specific to web based (HTML / CSS / JavaScript), with a decidedly pure-functional approach. Porting this to standard desktop environments would be non-trivial. That said, sure, the MIDI message library for Digitakt will probably serve as a good model.

3 Likes

so i managed it to reorganise my mess in the recorded Folder.

some feedback:

Summary

what i did: i created a new folder within the “recorded” folder,
but i was not able to move the desired/selected samples into the new folder.
i moved then that new folder into another folder one above the “recorded” folder just to have a check.
and indeed could i now easily move the newly selected samples into the desired folder.
moved that folder then back into the recorded folder. all flawless.
after that was i able to select samples and move them directly intio the next newly created folder within the “recorded” folder.
Though moving samples directly from its origin folder into the new created folder within that origin Folder worked just once.
afterwards i had again to move the new folders around to the outside of the origin, the “recorded” folder.
Its not a problem at all as things move fast and fluffy, but i thought i report it.

and a small wish for the future:

Summary

now that i can move my recorded samples off of that “recorded” folder, will i change my workflow:
i will do more sample sets directly and totally spontaneous within the DT itself, also often based on resampling.

the change i´ll plan to do is: i won´t Name my fresh recorded samples any longer properly.
its tedious withn the DT. I´d like to avoid that step of operation.
Thus a really cool thing would be if we could rename samples within your app in groups.
select a group of samples, have a own command for this, give it a name, and the app would aplly numbers to the samples behind the Name one would type in.
type in: BD / get out: BD1, BD2, BD3 etc.
this would be really cool !
personally, -which is a strange thing-, do i work in the DT nearly only based on direct recordings.

but anyway, I´m a Happy Camper and more as is now :wink:
you just brought that Digitakt back into live for me

hey, nah, regular USB. I tried to run it like 6-7 times, and it always failed on the same folder. Hit me up when you get home and if you want to work on this bug.

2 Likes

It’s the universe telling you that 750 samples of snare drums are too much :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Can you get samples off the DT with this app?

You cannot because the Digitakt doesn’t yet have a firmware function to do so. Once Elektron releases firmware that supports it, I’ll work on adding it.

Thanks

Any time bro… It was fun to test a solid product. Keep up the good work

1 Like

Works great, good work!!

1 Like

Amazing work @mzero!

1 Like

Awesome man, look how far the browser has come from those early days. Great work.

1 Like

can you guys create a folder within a Folder. lets say within the “recorded” folder
and then move those samples lying within the “recorded” folder into the new subfolder ?
i have had problems.
can´t see a reason other than this as such beeing problematic
???

otherwise: totally awesome work !
opens up so much for me

This is fantastic. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Just spent today uploading samples and then reorganising them using this software. All worked great, no issues at all!

1 Like

You definitely can do this

1 Like

This is fantastic! You’re the best. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Great, i’ve finally deleted that awful folder full of single cycle waveforms which i stupidly put in my digitakt…

I wish there was a way to tidy up the project’s lib and keep only the samples which are used, there’s no way i can remember which ones i use and which are just a dead weight…

Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m sure when you view the RAM it shows you which samples are loaded into which slots

Yeh same with me.
Really nice app by the way. Will definitly buy you a beeer