Cross Fader not smooth?

Hey guys,

searched the forum but could not find anything. It seems when I try and setup a scenes on the crossfader, one with amp set all the way down and the other at 0 I think, point is to fade out one track while fading in another track. What I’m finding it that the channel I’m crossfading too comes in very quick and abrupt, not a smooth volume fade. Have no idea what could be causing this, so hoping some folks have some suggestions.

Thanks as always!

AMP VOL? - 63 > 0?
You can try XLevel (Level) an XVOL (next to VOL while plocking), having different curves apparently.

Thanks man. Yeah, you are correct -63 > 0. I was trying the XVOL parameter (setting one side to MIN and the other to MAX), maybe I need to try the XLevel.

And the difference between these is one keeps the efx trail while the other will cut it off right?

Cheers.

So, there may be an issue with how the software is reading the crossfader. I have a simple setup with 3 flex machines playing stuff in the recording buffers for each of those specific tracks. Simply trying to setup a filter for one of the tracks. So I set FX1 up with the stock filter and tweak the Base setting. Now when trying to move between scenes A and B and then looking at the display, when I move the crossfader about a quarter of the way, the display shows the crossfader as being all the way over on the B side (check attached pic). You can see in the picture here. Do I have to take this one back as well? Man, this is crazy! Hopefully there is something stupid I’m missing. Thanks as always.

Isn‘t there a calibration routine for the crossfader you can run from the test mode?

1 Like

Yep.

Check crossfader behavior with leds :

The first and the last values are supposed to be green (MKI).

There is a calibration procedure…

To reset the crossfader press FUNCTION + SCENE B while in test mode.

3 Likes

BAM - put in test mode, confirmed the current config was bad, used the calibration procedure you outlined and now it’s good to go! Looking forward to a worry free weekend with this beast!

THANK YOU!

3 Likes

With leds?

Yeah, the led showed on Trig 4/5 as fully red (they start as Green on trig 1 and slowly changes to red, red indicates a position all the way to the right, or all the way to Scene B).

When I did the calibration procedure, this made the leds change to red on trig 16 (so they move slowly from green to yellow to red as you move the crossfader from Scene A to B). When I switched off the device and switched it back on (not in test mode), I checked the crossfader icon and it is moving smoothly now between Scene A & B. By smoothly I mean it doesn’t cut to Scene B 1/4 of the way over, looks like the correct behaviour. Will have a better play when I get back from work later today.

Thanks again man, you’re a massive help in this forum, seen your name all over threads. Means a lot - cheers!

1 Like