Croatia - meet up or suggestions?

Hi all, I am considering a summer trip to Croatia, coastline and some art and culture …

anybody around and maybe meet up?

any suggestions?

thinking of sleeping in my hammock - and not get fined for wild camping hopefully

:slight_smile:

Depending on how the whole situation developes I might consider it since I‘d love to visit my family again (small village close to Šibenik). But since I don’t own a car I‘ll probably pass on public transport. Bus rides for almost 20 hours are always a torture…

1 Like

from where to where would you want to go?

can one easily get into crotia right now, with car in regards to the Corona situation?

I don’t know honestly, I‘ll ask my mum and sister next time since they’re planning on going.

I live in Mannheim, so from here to anywhere that’s close to home :wink:

what can you tell me about sleeping in hammocks in Croatia? … and thats quite a trip you are facing

Usually every year the same but before Corona it was worth it.

Wild camping is probably not recommended since there’s so many camping sites around the country and people there are quick with handing out fines. And those fines will get you into trouble if not paid when trying to cross borders.

But I don’t know for sure, since we have a house there I don’t look into camping rules much. Just know from expereince with parking tickets.

1 Like

I’ve heard the same about camping fines, but if you set up late and pack up early in a hidden spot you’ll probably get away with it. I wild camped way down south for a few nights a couple of years ago. I find hammocks a bit of a PITA for stealth camping, if you’re not in an area with plenty of forest… Too much hassle finding a good spot

1 Like

There are definitely a lot of places that look like „uncharted territory“ and where the chances of being seen are minimal but even if a place or a street looks abandoned there will still be someone passing by. I‘m always amazed on how people‘s orientation works down there. Coming from a more structured country I‘d be lost quite fast while people there know exactly where to take the turn even though it looks exactly like the turn you passed several minutes ago and there are no traffic signs at all.
And Croatian police is not the most pleasant to deal with.

1 Like

…don’t end up in dubrovnic…tourist terror full on…

1 Like

thanks for the heads up! … any suggestions instead? : )

…nope…that was all i ended up with in croatia…sorry.
nice place…but soooooooooooo overcrowded…claustrophobic by nature…
but hey…croatia overall…is a nice sourrounding anyways…

1 Like

Unless you don’t know somebody you will probably end up in tourist places. And the coast line is quite long so a bit more info on where you want to head would be helpful. More around Rijeka/Istria?

1 Like

I am spending my time on a camping site in south Istria right now. When passing the border a negative covid test by an accepted test producer and center was required as well as an online registration.
It’s really nice and I still plan to play with my mobile setup: mpc live 2 & sh01a & field recorder. It hasn’t happened yet :smile:

2 Likes

If You want relax go on some Island.
For Nationalpark Zadar is good becose is very central.
Pag is cool -Pag is Ibiza of Croatia.

1 Like

Is camping expensive? How much is it?

What’s the opposite of Ibiza? Like secluded nature?

Vis and Mljet (go to the National Park before or after the tourists from Dubrovnik if you can) are both wonderful.

1 Like

Thanks.

I am happy for more random recommendations in Croatia

:slight_smile:

Pag has everything.

1 Like

Rab is where I go.

1 Like