Crazy Prices

Hej ppl. I would really like a MD. After having many drum machines, somehow i recently got an obsession for this machine. For me it brings me the nostalgia of the electronic music I grow up with ( early 2000s, minimal, electro,idm). Im using these days an analog rytm (mk1) from a friend, but there is something in the analog core that i don’t enjoy ( like the Jomox alpha base). Otherwise, the digital 12 bit sound, and the glitchy percussive features of the MD it conducts me to an instant eargasm. Its a matter of taste I know.

MY PROBLEM

Prices went def nuts. I have been searching for some weeks already (Berlin area / Europe) and people are (trying to sell) the UW for > 1.7k and the mk1 (non UW) for >800e. I’m even considering buying an mk1 because I’m more interested in the synth engine for IDM textures ( even tho the resampling feature of the UW looks amazing).

QUESTIONS

-Are MD mk1 reliable after 20 years? Display - Scroll Knob - Pots? My hands shakes and cant use a solder for repairs.

-Would you really pay so much for UW? In many posts, everyone is talking about how many more possibilities offers the UW version but i couldn’t find a single video of someone really using samples in the MD to create something incredible. ( yes 64 steps its a big plus for me but using 32 and 2 patterns also is not bad).

Thanks!!!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Used machinedrum prices