Crap output

Why does Analog Rytm mk2 have such a crap output level?
Anything I do to sound louder gets distorted or fuzzed… and yet it is the most expensive elektron gear… I am really into the work flow but it is such a crap output… once I posted a comment about this on Elektonauts facebook and some Elektron fanatic guezza started swearing at me for criticising elektron…
Anyone else think it is bad or just me?
If so how can you solve this problem?
Thanks

Please check this: on the fx comp page, bottom right is the main output volume. I have to keep this way down not to overload my mixer input so it d be weird if you can t get enough volume.

Yes i am with u but it sounds too low compared to other elektron gears…
i really regret this purchase but i love my Octatrack mk2

It seems youre mixing too hot. You’re dealing with 8 analog voices plus analog distortion, compressor AND master vol. It can get unwieldy quick.

Try turning things down. If you’re going from the stereo out try to aim for -6db at your inputs.

1 Like

Unless your unit is defective i m sure this can be fixed with correct gain staging. Can you post a sysex dump of a pattern and kit so that we can have a look at it?

1 Like

Yep. Sounds like a gain staging issue. I never had any problems with low output level when I had one. Quite the opposite in infact.

1 Like

https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

use an existing thread and don’t be trolling with clickbait titles