Could somebody run a snippet of my track through their heat?

Really awesome!

I tried out a different approach. Instead of boosting the bass I tried boosting mids and highs. I used the Saturation algorithm with 73 drive, low boost of 48, high boost of 29 and a ā€˜peakā€™ filter at freq 105 with resonance 18.

Here is a recording where I activated and deactivated the heat to have a side by side comparison:
(I uploaded this to my soundcloud as a private track which can only reached by the link below. I hope this is ok for you.)

1 Like

Cool track!

I love how the AH punches up the bass and livens the drums. But I prefer the brassy chord stabs pre-Heatā€¦they sort of lose their focus.

Edit: on further thought, I wonder if my perception of the chord stabs post-Heat are the effect of more prominent drums and basslineā€¦?

1 Like

Yeah, very nice. Thatā€™s what I was hoping for. That is definately a different flavor. Thank you ande!!

Your version is clearly more aggressive and to me shows how the heat can ā€œfall apartā€ in a positive way. I can see this working for me on individual channels.

Nice! Thank you very much

1 Like

Nice thing is, I could revisit the mix to fit for working with the heat settings having it here.
What I liked about the example from thomaso is the depth it created around the stabs.

1 Like

I often have to adjust the mix after Iā€™ve added Heat. Or I often add the heat early in the process. As soon as the idea starts to develope, and I get a feeling for the song. I add the heat. Then goes back to tweaking and develope the idea.

4 Likes

Glad you liked the different style! I typically use similar settings on the master of my tracks to make them sound a little less muddy.

If itā€™s falling apart already I should dial down the drive as the tape saturation algorithm is meant to glue things together. I tend to dial up the drive until I notice it and then dial back, but this is a matter of taste/style.

2 Likes

Hello!

Nice funky vibes palā€¦ very garagey, right up my street!

After a while of fun experimentation, I found I preferred the subtle enhancements of the first 3 circuits.
Although Classic Dist was also fun, I toggled between Enhancement, Saturation, and Clean Boost for this example.
All circuits had the high pass, lowest slope with a resonant bump in the bottom end because I like bass lol

-Mixed Signals

Every time you here a change it is the circuits switching. Itā€™s starts with Enhancementā€¦ then goes to Saturationā€¦ then to Clean Boostā€¦ then Saturationā€¦ Enhancementā€¦ Saturationā€¦ and back to Clean Boost and so on.

Only the Enhancement circuit on this one.

BONUS
(Please disregard if you are not interested. This was just because I couldnā€™t help myself! Lol)

This is the same Enhancement circuit as before but with some plugins on the master.

Same as above but I added a cassette between the Analog Heat and Logic.

Thanks for the fun morning!

1 Like

this exact thing. its a sum of all parts

Thank you for also running the track through the heat HisMostDarxxxellent. And glad you like the track.

I will have to listen to this when I am back in the studio. It is a subtle approach with different flavors. Glad you highpassed with a resobump. As I wrote, that is a thing I would be trying out.

Also interested in the other examples you posted with more plugins. Looking forward to it!