Could SAMPLING Be Coming to the AR MK I

thats because they implemented it on the new transfer app that will be compatible with the next RYTM os update. patience

1 Like

I wouldnt be so sure about it.
There is an ADC on the main outputs which is used for overbridge.
So at the least it should be possible to sample the inputs through the output chain, no?

I think it could very well be a question of firmware.

That’s what I allude to later in this thread ^

Sampling everything (whilst all internal voices are silent) isn’t the same as internal sampling in the way folk are longing for it

As to whether there is any prospect of re-sampling (or convoluted input capturing) occurring I just don’t see it nor the impetus from Elektron to do so, which is why I think it’s helpful to keep expectations realistic … none of the small screen boxes do sample display stuff and I don’t see them introducing clunky workarounds to otherwise quite streamlined boxes, especially not when it’s a differentiator for a later design (note the MKii uses new additional inputs for the sampling side)

Who really knows, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for this, not lend weight to it being a possibility, it seems very unlikely imho

ps : note cenk liked that post you quoted, I think that’s a bit of green light on the underlying statement

I was kinof looking at it from a technical/theoretical point of view. There is an adc in the inputs path.
And i wouldn’t mind sampling through the output chain. Its impact could be minimized by automatically and temporarily setting things like distortion and comp to neutral while sampling.
But wether its practical to actually implement it is another thing.

I don’t quite agree that the screen would be a major hurdle but i do agree that including sampling may lead to a bit more convoluted ui.

But i think the real hurdles would be deeper in the design. Like, how much space is left in the rom to implement this function.

Thanks for the detailed info man, you really know your stuff. I’ll be sure to use the search function before posting a thread myself.

2 Likes