Could not allocate midi in port

Greetings Everyone,

I am sure this topic has been addressed but I searched without success. This keeps happening to me grrr!

Earlier today this was not an issue. I updated the OS to 1.22B, loaded some samples, etc…

Then I changed the played drums triggering the AR via midi.

Went to load more samples with C6, did the midi config to USB, no luck.

Keeps reading “could not allocate midi in port.” Then “could not allocate midi out port”

Help would be so appreciated.

reboot

Rebooted a few times, double checked my usb cable. Deleted & re-downloaded C6.

Made sure MIDI config Input & Out set to usb on Rytm.

The Rytm is not showing at all in the C6-Configure MIDI preferences box.

When I look under my Settings-Connected devices, it reads “Elektron Analog Rytm Driver is not available.

Tried disabling then enabling on my pc. I then Removed Device & unplugged my usb. When I plugged it back my pc automatically installed the Rytm, but read the same "“Elektron Analog Rytm Driver is not available.”

On Device Manager- I see 5 Elektron Analog Rytm icons under “Other Devices.” When I worked previously I am sure the icon(s) was under "Software devices, next to GS Wavetable Synth…

I looked for a way to move them from Other Devices to Software Devices by was unable.

Any help would mean a lot.

i have gigantic problems in windows 10 64 bit… when I used my girlfriends asus transformer book is worked immediately … to the point where I was done and happy, forgot something turned the machine back on and it stopped working until I did a few reboots.
as much as I love Elektron, but this c6 is in my humble opinion such a piece of … dont get me started.

Ekekrton: give this out of house for an immediate new development

Try the following:

[ol]
[li]Run a “cmd.exe” as administrator, i.e. right click on the icon (you can find it under all programs / Accessories) then select “Run as administrator” in the context menu[/li]
[li]Paste the following in the command window then press return to execute it “SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1” (don’t paste the “” chars)[/li]
[li]…then type “devmgmt” and press return (the device manager dialog will open)[/li]
[li]Under “View” select “Show hidden devices”[/li]
[li]Now uninstall all “Elektron Analog Rytm” devices you can find[/li]
[li]Disconnect + reconnect the AR => the device driver will be reinstalled[/li]
[/ol]

I have to go through this procedure regularly, not only with the AR but also with other USB MIDI synths (sometimes other USB devices as well).

I’ve always wondered how on earth a “regular” user is supposed to figure this out.

1 Like

Thanks for the responses.

BSP,

Thanks for taking the time & effort for the very detailed help.

With Windows 10 I had trouble getting to the Accessories. I don’t have an All Programs option, just All Apps, then I tried Windows Accessories; Windows Administrative Tools & Windows System.

I tried the command prompt & followed your directions but it rejected the Run aspect.

On the positive side, I learned a bunch of helpful things in the process.

I checked my e-mail & Elektron responded to the ticket I did late yesterday.

The Solution

1. Function+Track 2) System 3) USB Config 4) USB-MIDI (instead of Over bridge)

I have no idea how Over bridge was selected. I am all hardware (no DAW).

Thanks Very Much, I’m back in business.

Blessings & Peace!

2 Likes

I was just having the same issue. Thank god for this post lol

Thank god for this post as well, you guys saved me. Many years into the future.