COSMOS by Soma

I do not. There was a post on instagram last year that teased it, but I cannot find it right now. Sounded like an incredibly lush ambience pedal.

1 Like

Found it. Interesting…

4 Likes

Yeah, I hear that. It seems everything is getting so pricey but for what this could be, and what I think it is, SOMA would pull this off and be right up my street. I think. I hope. Lol.

Haha. True! I thought I’d hate that aspect of the Lyra but it’s just perfect. I don’t play it a lot, but love it when I do get the time to really sit there with it.

2 Likes

Wait for the Strega haters to jump on this ‘description’…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Well I guess they’ll be gettin more of my money after Lyra and Ornament

1 Like

If there was a single company right now to go completist batshit crazy for, you could do a lot of damage with SOMA!
What a line up :heart_eyes:

The forthcoming Mind Matrix Modulation Mixer with non-essential add-on Cerebral Control/Touchplate Interface is stunning…

But seriously, this and the Ether :exploding_head:

1 Like

I was thinking this and Pulsar, but ether sounds pretty brilliant too!!

1 Like

It’s the whole stable really😂

1 Like

Looks cool, and It has an SD card. For presets? Or maybe it plays sound files off of the card?

I’ve got an Ether for sale at the mo, in case anyone wants to scratch that particular itch…

And this Cosmos looks brilliantly fascinating!

MRW I see something new from Soma… “What is it, eh who cares I want it.”

2 Likes

Sending back my Wavestate and was already itching to spend that refund. I’d like to hear more demos but might just take a punt.

As much as highly appreciate Vlad’s attitude of subverting conservative conventions in electronic instrument designs, I must admit that this esotheric marketing reminds me of everything that conspiracy theorists and weird covid deniers are talking. Just call it what it is and cut away the enigmatic advertising…

It a looper with no sync. has different length loops and big reverb. PLZ Buy.

Doesn’t have the same “zing” to it.

3 Likes

I couldn’t disagree with this more. What conspiracy theories is he cooking up by having some creative copy for a new product? I see it as an artist being creative. Over at Monome, they talk in poems. During the Strega teasers, Make Noise was all about “alchemy”. They are showing us why they create interesting and unique instruments, and don’t work for a big corporation. Otherwise, everyone would just be Roland announcing stuff at the NAMM show.

The best part about Soma, is that you just have to email them to get on the list. No money upfront. So if you are hesitant, you lose nothing, and in the meantime someone like Loopop explains it to all of us in great detail.

And why did Picasso have to venture into Cubism, when those paintings were not an accurate representation of what those people actually looked like?

13 Likes

Myths surrounding tools and tool use is ancient phenomena.

Thor and his _________. The Grim Reaper and his _________. King Arthur and his _____ named _________.

Soma does it better than any other synth company these days, and I love it. It doesn’t remind me of political shenanigans at all.

5 Likes

Interesting, but I’m still waiting for a sign of life from the ENNER device project…

1 Like

Here’s something to keep you occupied when yr high, hah. I suspect it’s a fun device to play with, but most likely has such an original sound that it will overpower everything else if you want to use it in a song with other elements. I’m kind of afraid that’s the care with Lyra8 too, but at least you can control it pretty well if you know what you’re doing.

1 Like

Now imagine Lyra 8 through this thing :sunglasses:

7 Likes