Cosmetic Issue

Hey everyone,

I just purchased a brand new M:S and noticed that the text is smudged under the “pad menu” button, almost like a fingerprint was left. Anyone else have this sort of issue? It’s not a big deal, but it does draw the eye to it.

an overeager factory worker perhaps, i like it! Gives it character

1 Like

Collectors edition.

3 Likes

My RYTM had a few faded/smudged labels when I got it brand new. Also my OTmk2 has some text on the buttons that are slanted.
Honestly it bothered me a tiny bit but once I got them plugged in I couldn’t careless. No way would I part with them for even a day to address it.
The RYTM’s text is white, but being the opposite on the M:S I’d just fix it with a pen or something.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call it a collectors edition. Someone rushed the screen printing and removed the template too fast. I wouldn’t accept it, Elektron sells itself as a premium brand with high quality standards.

Kind of makes me wonder how true these kids of statements are;

When you come into contact with an Elektron instrument, your particular sound emerges. This is what matters. Designed to the highest standards, assembled by hand and tested exhaustively before being sent out worldwide

Assembled by hand and not just tested, but exhaustively test it before sending it out. So anything I see on this forum that customers received with double buttons or smudges or dust under the screens or whatever has passed that process. Call me a cynic but it makes me doubt if they actually do as they say. Even a quick glance would prevent units being sent out with these silly mistakes.

Some units even came with loose screws inside. Maybe there should be a cymbal test before shipping them out… hold a box in the air and shake it :smiley:

3 Likes

Have to agree, have seen too many posts of buttons being mixed up and loose parts rattling inside. Its not cheap or fast to ship something to Sweden from outside of Europe so its kind of a bummer to get a unit like that.

1 Like

Play with it, if you think it will be a keeper then don’t worry.
If already you think it’s a transitional device then return it to the seller and get another. It’s horrid to have your energy stunted in this way but it’s only your energy that will suffer/prosper in the long run.
Enjoy either way :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a very fun device to play with! But with all the complaints about rising costs for products I would expect a little better quality control. This is something that should have been caught on the production line, not damage through shipping. I noticed it as soon as I took it out of the package.

1 Like

I’d return it, just for your own piece of mind. Did you buy it from Elektron or a store?

eBay. And the seller doesn’t offer returns. I was able to get $15 off of the original price though. Oh well, there are much greater things in life to worry about :upside_down_face:

I will attest to the fact some manufacturers outright lie about “testing.” I worked for a USA Drybag manufacturer (considered to be thd “best” ) that made similar claims that were total BS. The military line (sold to all branches) was thoroughly tested but the regular stuff never was. More than a few customers got crap products that occasionally lead to damaged gear. The response was to just send out a new product that itself sometimes failed too. It was embarrassing. I was surprised legal action wasn’t taken.
So yeah, odds are Elektron is embellishing those statements to some degree.

You do have a 3 year warranty. Might not hurt to flex your consumer rights, if you can stand letting go for a bit.

3 Likes