Corrupt project!?!

so i hook up my octa to the computer to transfer some files, and after the removal (safe) upon loading the project there was a brief display with “corrupt” in it, and all the samples in flex and static machines were gone. that’s a lot of work up in smoke. i would hate this happening again, has anyone had similar experiences?

Hundreds of them, but I probably use the Octatrack in a slightly different way to most.

Get into a religous frame of way regarding backups.

1 Like

hey mkdsl, try to make a copy of the project (within the octatrack - “save to new”) and see if the copied project is ok. this helped me out for a while…

A very valid tip which I use is to always change to an empty project before connecting to the computer.

2 Likes

i have the octa for two years, this was the first time this happened… now it happened again, only this time i didn’t hook it up to a computer.

i was on the stage, changing projects, and changed to a corrupt one, which worked just fine couple of hours before the show.

luckily i have a good grasp on the ot so i managed and the gig went just fine (had to hand pick bpm to tracks from memory, align sample start and such)

but that left me doubting my ot…

how can i use it for live performance if i’m unsure if it will do the task it’s intended for?

what can be the culprit?

i would hate to ditch it, but right now i do not feel it is a device for Professional use.

help me out, fellow elektronauts, how can i mend this?

dicey CF card perhaps?

did you try this?

cant load it at all, it says “this project is corrupt or saved with a newer os, please upgrade”, and takes me back to the project loading window…

the first time i managed to save to new, but it is the same, all the samples gone.

hope it’s the card at least…

now try to copy it in the file manager

perhaps you have bad sectors on your cf card… the question is how it comes to this bug. cf cards are actually robust and there must be a file system “auto-save” failure with the octatrack because it happens too often, if you read in this forum. perhaps the best way to handle this is to have always a backup version of your project. i know it isn’t supposed to be with a 1200€ machine…
and contact elektron support!
cheers and luck!

For what its worth, the original cost of a synth or computer has very little to do with file storage and corruption. Elektron does not manufacture the CF card and even if they did, a 500k€ Ferrari will still get a flat tire at times. :imp: