Copying Sounds between Projects

Hi

A bit of a newbie question re sounds and kits.

I have downloaded a few sound packs for the Rytm, each one is in a separate project and has its own kits. What I would really like to do is create a new project and copy kits from various other projects into the new project. I’m pretty sure this is not possible (correct me if I am wrong).

I guess the next best thing is to copy sounds from the kits in other projects to the +Drive and then copy them from the +Drive into my new project.

The issue I see with this approach is that the copied “sound” does not contain any of the original effects it had when it was part of the kit. So even if I bring it into my new project it will not sound the same as it did in its original kit.

Am I missing something here.
cheers

Off the top of my head:

Go to the load kit menu in project #1. Highlight the kit you want to copy. Press function+rec to copy the kit.

Open project #2. Go to the load kit menu. Highlight a free kit slot. Press function+stop to paste the kit.

you’re a legend!
it works

Did you try it with the new update?
I tried to do that yesterday but the FX didn’t work in the same way, as well as the samples (which is more likely to me)

Thanks for the workaround. It’d be a lot cooler if we could browse kits from other projects from within the project we’re currently working in, though, don’t you think? Maybe one day… :wink:

1 Like