Copy pasted samples not playing

Hello! I’m having a problem where I copy and paste a sample from one slot to another on the same track and the copied sample doesn’t play when its corresponding trig is pressed (in slot mode). The parameters don’t change when the sample is pasted, and other slots play fine when their samples are loaded from memory.

On the same topic, I was also wondering if there was a way to change the individual parameter settings of slots? When I try to edit slot parameters like editing individual trigs the parameters don’t change, I can only edit the parameters for all of the slots on the same track at once.

Thank you

I encountered this issue before but thought it had been solved. It was okay for me last time I tried. Make sure you’re on a recent OS

The Utimate Octatrack Silence Calling - #42 by Clancy

Hey! Thanks for your reply! I think you’re right, it looks like this was fixed in OS 1.31A, I didn’t realise my OS was out of date, I was on 1.30D (the one before). Updating to the new version now :slight_smile:

Still can’t find anything about editing parameters of individual slots

Are you referring to sample slots? Could you rephrase your question? I’m not clear about what you are asking, especially when you “try to edit slot parameters like editing individual trigs”.

Hi, yeah I am referring to sample slots. My apologies, I’m a noob. When I’m on a flex machine I have chosen samples in the sample pool and they each have their own slots. I’d like to change the parameters on these individual slots, so when I key press their corresponding trigs they play their samples with their parameter settings.

I’m still not entirely clear, but I’ll offer this.

If you need to play different samples with the trigger buttons and you need the samples to have different parameter settings, then the samples need to be placed in different tracks. Samples in a track use the settings of the one machine loaded into that track. Changing the parameters of that machine in that track will affect any sample played through that machine and track.

On the other hand, if you could use parameter locks to set different parameter settings for a specific step in a pattern.

Thanks for your reply, parameter locks for sample slots are what I’m after, but p locks for trigs would work just as well too. It would be good if parameter data could come from the sample on the slot, and then automatically set the parameters on whichever trig the sample was placed on in Grid/Live Recording.

1 Like

That would be great, but unfortunately that’s not possible. The OT is clever in many things and not so clever in others.

1 Like