Copy paste pattern problem

Hello evrybody!
i’m new to elektron machine, i have got a digitakt and a analog 4!
here is my problem:
on my digitakt, i’m on a pattern, i had a variation on the pattern, i copy ( not save, just copy) and paste on pattern 2, i go back and reload the pattern 1 to the previous saved state! everything is ok the pattern 1 go back to previous saved state!

I do the same on my Analog 4, but this not react the same way, when i copy my pattern on my analog 4 ( just copy, not saved) i can’t reload to saved state, it’s saved.

this is how i do it on analog 4, FUNC +PTN +COPY
on Digitakt FUNC + COPY

please what am I doing wrong?

Thanks to all and sorry for my bad english… Ho and i’m new to the forum so if i missed an answer about that in previous topic please redirect me!!

your understanding is wrong (also mine was :slight_smile: )
on the analog four you also have KITs.
don’t own a digitakt but as I have seen in the manual there is no such a thing.
everything seems to be saved in your patterns. (which I personally prefer)

a KIT is a collection of your sounds. from the manual:
Kits contain four Sounds, one for each synth track, and settings for the FX and CV tracks. Up to 128 kits are available for each Analog Four project. Each pattern is linked to a kit.

so you can use the same KIT on several patterns

follow this example:

A1 - newKIT - you are doing some tweaks
you are going to copy it to A2 - on A2 you will also use newKIT if you are not going to change it.
your tweaks are still there BUT if you are going to reload the KIT also A1+A2 will be reloaded :slight_smile:

my suggestion:
before you are going to tweak around with the copied pattern SAVE the KIT of the copied pattern to corresponding slot

1 Like