Copy entire pattern without sounds?

Feel like I’ve done this before but I can’t sort out a (quick) way to do it.

Is it possible to copy all trigs from a pattern and paste them into a new pattern, leaving the destination pattern’s sound settings untouched?

Basic use case: I have set up a template project with 8 different drum “kits” (empty patterns). I’d like to be able to make a pattern with one kit and then test it out with other kits.

I know I can do this a track at a time. Wondering if there’s a way to do it with all tracks at once though.

Digitakt doesnt do kits like other machines do, if you really need to you could copy/paste a pattern to a different project and it would take on the sample slot structure from that project but testing out kits within a project is a no go.

yes, for me it seems easier the other way around, that meaning, copy/paste the sounds into the pattern. If your sounds are the same as your samples, another solution could be placing the kits in groups of eight in order (kit 1: samples 1-8, kit 2: samples 9-16, etc…), and them moving them all together with trk+ “knob D” to use the ctrl all to move all the sample slots at the same time…

2 Likes

Oh well, track at a time it is. Thank you for the replies.

Clever idea!