Copy and paste performance macro between projects?

hmm, can you copy the perf page? If so then you can most likely paste it across projects too…

1 Like

maybe u have more luck than I

title says all … [ Mod edit: Title was " A4K - still no performance copy over 2 projects : ( " ]

just tried it .

no success : (

elektron? please? pretty please? any dev in HQ who is not totally burnt out from your massive rollouts ?

I take it , we can also not copy and paste performance macros within a project , but between kits (in the same project) … just tired, no luck ; (

just tried it… worked for me. you need to press copy after you pressed funktion+perf.
so in the menu whre you can chose between “perf configure” and “perf rename”. that will copy all perf macro settings at once.

1 Like

are you sure sure sure? its says COPY on my screen too, but when pasting these, NOTHING gets pasted.

I am talking about the ENTIRE performance configure page … the one that says A B C D E F G in circles…

that works for you @funkymogli ??? answer VERY much appreciated if you could check this out ? @avantronica ? could you have a look too please?

@PeterHanes you liked the above post… did you try that? is it working for you?

im definitly sure. i pasted perf. settings between projects.
its just a strange place where u need to press copy. its not the one where it says ABCDE, its the one before!

@funkymogli … thanks for trying … can you identify where I go wrong?

on my machine

in project manager

no 110 I call it P1 … there is a kit with performance macros saved inside

in project manager

no 111 I call P 2 … its a new project, nothing in it.

now I go to P1 and press OSC1 …then I press PERF and I see the performance macros, and how I named them … now I press FN COPY … it says on screen: Copy Pattern. … silly me : D

so I press PERF + COPY … it says on screen : COPY PAGE PERF

I hit fn + global and load project P2 (the one with nothing in it)

(i dont save P1)

I hit PERF once, and the performance page is all set to zero … now I press

PERF + PASTE

nothing.

It says on screen PASTE PAGE PERF

but nothing.

edit: just seen we are both in berlin ??? I should come over and watch you do that : D

jep come over i can show you :wink: im at wrangekiez …
still believe you are on the wrong page to make the copy/pasting.

here step fo step

1. project one, pattern is 1 for example and some kit with the perf settings
  2. press FUNKTION+perf
  3. press FUNKTION + COPY (funktion !! not perf+copy)
  4. switch projects
  5. press FUNKTION+perf
  6. press FUNKTION + PASTE

perf + copy copies the state the performance knobs are in, not the macros itself.

good luck!

8 Likes

oh my fucking god! i love you!
heart heart
big thanks!!!

actually almost 2 am here… just saw it on my tablet already in bed … Had to try it! … go up again to type this out on PC …

biiiig thanks from Wedding buddy!!! eleeven!

5 Likes

No worries, glad I could help :wink:

1 Like

Performance or scenes still can’t be copied on the rytm?

You can I just did the other day, while in performance or scene edit, just function+Rec/play as normal…

1 Like

is it copying the entire 12 pads in scene or performance or just 1 at a time? thanks @Open_Mike

One at a time, you choose one for editing, copy, choose where you want to put it, paste… Copying the kit would copy all twelve, but with the sounds as well of course…

2 Likes

This just saved my life. Thank you!

2 Likes

Just another belated thanks for this thread… just helped me out a lot too. Thanks!

Hello all. Ok I am trying to copy perf macros from one kit to another kit within the same project. Is that possible? I’ve tried what I think is recommended above in this thread but when I, for example,

func+perf->func+copy in A01 (kit1)
select A02 (with kit 2)
func+perf->func+paste

this pastes the kit and perf macros…if I try to reload kit 2 it overwrites the perf macros too.

Any help would be awesome! Thanks. Sam