Copy a kit from one snapshot to another?

Is there any way to copy a kit from one snapshot to another aside from backing up the kit via SYSEX, changing snapshots, then restoring the kit?

i dont believe so. but i pray someone will respond with another way to do it :stuck_out_tongue:

you can do this. page 16 of the menu under copy kit.

When in the SAVE KIT or LOAD KIT menus you can copy and paste kits.

When you are in either the SAVE KIT or LOAD KIT menus, select the kit you want to copy, hold down the [FUNCTION] key and press the [RECORD] button. A message saying “COPY KIT” appears.

Use the [UP] and [DOWN] keys to scroll to the slot you want to copy the kit to.

To paste the kit into the slot, hold [FUNCTION] and press the [STOP] button.

The message “PASTE KIT” appears.

follow the above, but instead of pasting it somewhere with in the snapshot, move to another snapshot and paste the kit.

sounds good, just wish i had the + drive!

Yea I think you can copy/paste almost anything between anything - very handy to try that function anytime you see a list.

It’s also possible to copy a kit by copying the pattern to a new snapshot and then, in the new snapshot saving the kit. This way you don’t have to make the procedure twice to import the kit and the pattern. The two are copy in the same action. Very handy to earn time.

4 Likes

You just saved me a lot of time. Thanks!

1 Like

Happy to read that. This forum often save my time too. It’s a nice place and a real library.
Have fun with your fantastic MD